Evgal

Music and Entertainment during dinner and after?

I have a small group (15) dinner reception so we aren't planning to privatize the restaurant.  What should we do for dinner music? Bring an ipod or no music?  And we won't have a dance floor, should we go to a nearby club to party?  Our group is really mixed (old and young).  What should I do?

We also have a small group (16) and we arent doing a private reception.  Our dinner is in one of the restraunts at our resort so we can't play an ipod.  Check with your resort.  We won't have a dance floor either so I think we will go to the disco at the resort.

Originally Posted by Evgal View Post

I have a small group (15) dinner reception so we aren't planning to privatize the restaurant.  What should we do for dinner music? Bring an ipod or no music?  And we won't have a dance floor, should we go to a nearby club to party?  Our group is really mixed (old and young).  What should I do?

We won't be having a dance floor either I think most of my guests (older) will just be happy with relaxing and not be too worried about dancing

I dont think you get to have music at the semi-private dinners as they are in an a-la carte.  You would have to ask your wedding coordinator/TA to check.

Go out after but make it optional as to not let the older folks feel unconfortable about turning in early, you'll be pleasantly surprised how many will come along :)

I think it depends on how long your gap will be between the ceremony and breakfast?  Sorry if I missed it?  If it's an hour or so I'm not sure you need anything additional. People expect to spend some time chatting etc, I for one am always glad to have a drink and something light to eat, but wouldn't be bothered about entertainment as I'd be chatting to my friends and family.

We went to a wedding last year where the gap was 2 and a half hours, they served pimms but no canapés.  It was a bit too long really, it was quite chilly, we were hanging around outside and we were all fairly hungry.  I think you need to judge it based on your situation.