Photo

Any Iberostar Grand Bavaro brides?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Evgal

Evgal
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:45 AM

Anybody get married there or planning to?

#2 kbc0516

kbc0516
    • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

I just started looking at the resort for April 2012.

#3 aahq45

aahq45
      • 179 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

We're honeymooning there, but would love to hear all about the resort and see pics when you return!!!  Sorry I'm not much help!  I've found some great reviews on tripadvisor though! :)

Originally Posted by Evgal 

Anybody get married there or planning to?

#4 Evgal

Evgal
        • 175 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

We just got married there. I hated it and loved it... It's such a long story. Pm me if you are interested. I will post pics and stuff soon.

#5 GreekFood

GreekFood
          • 165 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

I've stayed at the hotel, so I can comment on that. The hotel is breathtaking. Excellent service, good food, beautiful beach. My only complaint is that it was somewhat BORING! I'm positive it has to do with the price, there just weren't a lot of guests when we were there. I like to people-watch and there wasn't much of that to be had. It would be a great place to honeymoon, though wink wink! I'm sure if you're bringing the party there, you will love it. It really is an amazing property.

Punta Cana, DR 01.16.2012

61 booked and counting!

#6 mayad82

mayad82
            • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

Hi - can you share what you hated and loved about it?  I'm potentially getting married there next November.  my email is mayad82@verizon.net

#7 dainfamouswen

dainfamouswen
              • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

i am thinking about the resort for our june 2012 wedding, can you share you visit there? dainfamouswen@yahoo.com

#8 kerriw0303

kerriw0303
                • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

I am planning on getting married there but have been running into some BIG problems with a complete lack of communication between myself and the wedding coordinator....to the point where I am having serious reservations (after visiting there twice and LOVING it) about getting married there.   Anyone else having a problem with these people??

#9 Evgal

Evgal
                  • 175 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Yes I got "married" there. It would have been perfect if the WC didn't try to scam us. Read my past posts. I still don't have my marriage license. They keep emailing me asking for more legal documents. They said the judge will make an exception for me (6months after the ceremony). I hope they rot because they ruined it for us... I spent our wedding night crying in the lobby because of their shenanigans. Now I am spending all this money to prevent identity theft. My advice... Get married at a hotel with US headquarters (where consumers have rights) or simply do the symbolic ceremony on your own or go to Mexico... I wish I did.

#10 kerriw0303

kerriw0303
                    • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

We were actually planning on just doing the symbolic ceremony - I didn't feel like going through the hassle of bringing our documents there and now I'm double glad!  I'm sorry you went through all that :(  How was the wedding planner there for you (aside from everything else?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users