Photo

Trash the Dress....yes or no???

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#71 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

Rinse it out in the shower - after you get out of the ocean this will help to get the salt out as well as the sand!!! Then hang it to dry!

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

The fact that the wedding dress will have so much sand worries me as far as luggage weight

#72 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
    • 677 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:26 AM

My dress was ALL lace, and had a lot of sand, but it wasn't soooo heavy.........PLUS you can stuff it in the luggage that you bring with you with all the wedding stuff, which is alot lighter when going back home.

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

The fact that the wedding dress will have so much sand worries me as far as luggage weight

#73 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:33 AM

I'm actually going to ask my photog if I can do a change.  As I would love some color in the water I am going to see if I can do my wedding dress and alternate dress as well (which is the gown length of the Butter by Nadia dresses that I purchased for my girls).

If I can't do a quick change, its wedding dress all the way with my barefoot jewerly made by Chelsea from Red-i

#74 ILove Him

ILove Him
        • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:08 AM

Didn't want to at fist till my photographer showed me AMAZING photos of his recent ttd in cancun and i must say im SOLD Cant wait for this now just gotta find a way to tell my mom!!! lol  with out her killing me

#75 joda

joda
          • 205 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

I'm still trying to decide. I'm not sure about spending the extra $, but I love the look of them, and think it would be nice to get some photos of us when it is more relaxed.

#76 mariposa6911

mariposa6911
            • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:06 PM

You don't have to use your wedding dress, get a cheaper alternative. I am not sure if that would be in your budget but I honestly got a beautiful dress for the TTD session b/c I didn't want to ruin my actual dress for only $300.  These kind of pictures are just breathtaking and sooooo different you will love them!

#77 kileelaine

kileelaine
              • 39 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

My biggest regret of the whole Destination Wedding experience was that I didn't do the TTD! I wasn't worried about trashing my dress, because I know it actually cleans it from being dragged around in the dirty sand all day. It wasn't because it was expensive either because my photographer Dean Sanderson offered us an amazing deal. It was just because I dont like having my picture taken. Such a silly reason to have missed out on something so cool. I think Dean is actually having a win you TTD contest right now. He was an amazing photographer and was so happy we went with him.Caroline_Matt (1).jpg

Tab_Steve.jpg

See he even made us look good!!

Kilee_Mike1746.jpg

#78 Cdunn514

Cdunn514
                • 186 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

I wasnt going to do one, but my photographer added it in at no extra cost, I am really excited about it now, i have been looking at a lot of pictures and i am so excited to do one now

#79 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                  • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

Barefoot Jewelry,

Well ladies, I am scheduled to do a TTD and at first was going to use an alternate dress that is not white.  However; after I contacted Ivan Luckie of Luckie Photography I will do both.  Pictures in my wedding dress and colorful alternate.  So, with my To-Do list decreasing and my jewelry increasing, I just can stop smiling.  To my "Personal Jewelry Maker" Chelsea of Red-i, thank you again for 2 beautiful pieces to add to my barefoot jewels.  The attention and details that I have received from beginning to end is second to none!  Keep up the great work and I am sure to do business (beyond the wedding) with you again!

To my 2012 Brides and any other bride who is considering Red-i, or stop thinking and do it!  Why you ask?  Well you will have a custom piece that NO ONE will have at a reasonable cost.  All made by a lady that is simply classy and also give greats tips on having a destination wedding. 

Here is my necklace and earrings that I will wear for my TTD and of course throughout our honeymoon.

Package from Red-i 1.jpg11.jpg14.jpg3.jpg7.jpg9.jpg

#80 cbandemer

cbandemer
                    • 213 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

Now when you say trash the dress are you really trashing it?? I'm not sure after searching to find teh perfect dress and for how much you spend on it I would want to trash it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users