435 replies to this topic

#421 smithandsweet

smithandsweet
  • 151 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Florida Keys
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

I am SOOOO LUCKY!!!  I am taking my friend who is a photographer with us.  I pay for the trip (flight, hotel for 2 days etc.) she takes my pictures for FREE!  We are so defiantly doing a TTD!  I am using my dress, no extra.  I figure, I am not getting some name brand expensive dress, and what are you going to do with it after anyway??  Keep it for my daughter? Is that even still a tradition?  Thought about cutting it up and making it into a quilt with extra fabrics of our wedding colors.  So why not get it dirty, wet, and have some fun!  it will only happen once in my life, and I want the memories.

#422 WesnKris

WesnKris
  • 54 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

I am thinking about doing the Trash the Dress.  I will get a second dress just because I am pretty nervous about messing up my dress.  I am wondering what are the grooms wearing in your TTD???

~WesnKris

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

#423 27dress

27dress
  • Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

wow, amazing!!  The girls, photographer and the wedding dresses~~

#424 rvalenka

rvalenka
    • 353 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 19, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
    • LocationLexington, Kentucky, United States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm really wanting to the TTD but I'm planning on wearing my dress in at our AHR so it makes me really nervous. I'm debating getting a second dress. 

#425 27dress

27dress
    • Banned
    • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

hi, things will come out finally, do not be too nervous, good luck~ @rvalenka

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

#426 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
      • Site Supporter
      • 406 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
      • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

We did a Trash the Dress Session and it was amazing.  I used my dress and after having it dry cleaned, it is like new!  NOT RUINED AT ALL!  I haven't seen all the pictures yet, but have received a sneak peek from our photographer :-)

17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
      Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI

#427 amarie4713

amarie4713
      • 324 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 21, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
      • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

I would like to do one, but like some of the other girls i'm wearing mine for the AHR, so if i do, i'll probably get a different dress…more flowy. I have to sell my FI on the whole idea though. 

Now Jade Bride on November 21, 2014

Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...read/?p=1875447

#428 TaraB

TaraB
      • 42 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

hi everyone,

hoping you can share some advice on what you wore under your dress for the session?  did you wear regular underwear/bra, or did you wear a bikini? 

01/24/14 ~ Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun

38 booked and counting!

#429 GingerJ228

GingerJ228
        • 158 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 8, 2014
        • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire
        • LocationMexico

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

I am getting married in June 2014 in Mexico and I am doing a cenote trash the dress session.  I don't care about trashing my dress b/c once I return home I am probably going to have it professionally cleaned and donated to charity.  I feel like we will look the best we ever will in our life (we've been working out hard) and it's a prefect opportunity to take professional, artistic pictures with me and new hubby.  If you are not thrilled about "trashing" your beautiful gown just get a white slip dress or a cheaper dress.  My best friend could not bare to put her wedding gown on the day after her wedding in Mexico b/c it was a huge beaded glass gown and she decided on something she had packed with her - it was a white, long, tight cotton sexy bathing suit cover up…. her picks came out AMAZING.   Whatever you chose will be perfect.

#430 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
        • 450 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

hi everyone,

hoping you can share some advice on what you wore under your dress for the session?  did you wear regular underwear/bra, or did you wear a bikini? 

I wore the same thing that I wore under my dress for the wedding.  I had cups sewn into the dress so I did not need to wear a bra.  I wore light colored underwear.

To the brides that are worried about their dress after a TTD:

My dress was fine :)  We did a TTD in the ocean and then moved onto the pool.  I am so happy that I did one, it added to the essence of our wedding photos.  The ocean got a lot of the dirt that the dress picked up from wear on the day of the wedding.  After the shoot I put the dress in a bath full of cool water.  My dress had a lot of rushing on the sides.  I had to gently release the sand from these areas which took about 20 minutes.  After a good soak I let the dress dry on our balcony overnight and the next day it was as good as new!  It even looked better after the TTD than the night of the wedding.  Seriously.  Don't worry about ruining your dress.  The "trash" part never really happens.

My sister took our photos and I think they turned out great!

Trash The Dress
        Trash The Dress
        Trash The Dress
        Trash The Dress
        Trash The Dress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users