Trash the Dress....yes or no???

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#401 Peach

Peach
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kasey04 

I have to say, your pictures are positively amazing! I tried so hard to find someone in the DR who was able to take under water photos and unfortunately struck out 

Do you have a photographer? We did a TTD at the beach, and then underwater ones at the pool. We had a wonderful time - a highlight of the whole trip! We went with Caribbean Emotions, in the DR. They are actually from Punta Cana, and very reasonable we think (though we do not have our pics back, so I guess we will see then!)

#402 Kasey04

Kasey04
    • 151 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Peach 

Do you have a photographer? We did a TTD at the beach, and then underwater ones at the pool. We had a wonderful time - a highlight of the whole trip! We went with Caribbean Emotions, in the DR. They are actually from Punta Cana, and very reasonable we think (though we do not have our pics back, so I guess we will see then!)

We hired HDC for the wedding, but I'm still on the fence about a TTD session. I would love to see your pictures whenever you get them! 

#403 shaeshae18

shaeshae18
      • Banned
      • 153 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

This is the part I'm looking forward to the most!  Possibly more than the wedding itself lol jk sorta. :)

-S

#404 Janelle0308

Janelle0308
        • 59 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

My Fiance and I are also doing a TTD session! I had to convince him to do it because he thought we would drown (especially after hearing all the stories of brides being swept away and drowing). I assured him it would be fine! I just realised that maybe I should think about what kind of material is best for TTD.  My dress is organza and I'm not so worried about it being 'trashed' as I would get it cleaned when we get home anyways.  What's everyone else's experience with their dresses materials in the water and sand?

#405 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
          • 441 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
          • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

Need to convince my fiance that we should do a TTD shoot.  I have a year to convince him, wish me luck.  

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#406 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Janelle0308 

My Fiance and I are also doing a TTD session! I had to convince him to do it because he thought we would drown (especially after hearing all the stories of brides being swept away and drowing). I assured him it would be fine! I just realised that maybe I should think about what kind of material is best for TTD.  My dress is organza and I'm not so worried about it being 'trashed' as I would get it cleaned when we get home anyways.  What's everyone else's experience with their dresses materials in the water and sand?

Hi! My dress had a chiffon overlay on top of satin (and a bit of crinoline). It was TOTALLY fine. We did ours on the beach, then rinsed off really well in one of the beach showers, wearing the dress, then went in the pool for underwater shots. After, we filled our hotel jacuzzi tub, put the dress in, and kind of swished it back and forth, just to rinse off the chlorine mostly. Then we hung it in the shower to dry. Like everyone says, it looks cleaner than it did after the wedding.

I am wearing it for our AHR this Saturday, and then I will have it cleaned and put away.

So I do not know about organza, but my materials were absolutely fine.

#407 Xarocas

Xarocas
            • 157 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

I love the idea buut don't think we will be doing it, as it will add a big extra cost to the wedding. I'm still recuperating from the shock of how expensive photographers are!!

#408 bridemoonpalace

bridemoonpalace
              • 151 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

Definitely doing them! Love the way they come out!

#409 Tink

Tink
                • 160 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

I hired HDC and did the TTD session, and I actually love those pics more than the other pics! My dress was fine after just rinsing it out in the shower and laying it outside in the sun, then I just shook the excess sand out! It was as good as new! If anyone would like to see my pics you can find me on Facebook under Heidy Martinez :) I have all the pics there under Ceremony, Reception and then TTD. You can see how HDC works!

#410 maggie123

maggie123
                  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

Looks like a nice idea to be tried upon for the wedding day. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users