Trash the Dress....yes or no???

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#371 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
  • Site Supporter
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

I think that's a great idea to get a different dress! Just make sure you love it and won't regret it.

#372 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
    • Site Supporter
    • 406 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
    • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by LaurenMoser2B 

Yea I agree. Do you think it would still take away from it if I bought a different dress (there's a few simple j. Crew ones I like) and used that and that way he wouldn't know what my real dress will look like.

great idea!  As mspokran said, make sure you love it 

17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
    Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI

#373 SammyAnna

SammyAnna
    • 160 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

I can't wait to do mine. All the pics I have seen, the ladies look like models, so beautiful. It may be my only chance to play dress up lol

#374 Backy

Backy
      • 171 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Sandals Montego Bay

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

i am doing it!!

#375 jenn4285

jenn4285
      • 159 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

I want tooo I think its an amazing opportunity!

#376 Heyily

Heyily
        • 52 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hello Brides!

I am considering a "trash the dress" session with our photographer? I love the idea of taking pictures in that beautiful turquoise ocean but DO NOT WANT TO RUIN my gown! I am starting to consider a second dress (nothing too expensive) that I would change into after the ceremony, dinner and toast is done...I was thinking I can wear the second gown (of course a lighter fabric) when we are ready to party and dance the night away and then wear it the next day to do the "trash the dress" session...any thoughts on a second gown? I love my wedding gown so much that I just don't think I can "trash" it!

Thoughts/suggestions???

#377 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Heyily 

Hello Brides!

I am considering a "trash the dress" session with our photographer? I love the idea of taking pictures in that beautiful turquoise ocean but DO NOT WANT TO RUIN my gown! I am starting to consider a second dress (nothing too expensive) that I would change into after the ceremony, dinner and toast is done...I was thinking I can wear the second gown (of course a lighter fabric) when we are ready to party and dance the night away and then wear it the next day to do the "trash the dress" session...any thoughts on a second gown? I love my wedding gown so much that I just don't think I can "trash" it!

Thoughts/suggestions???

Trash the Dress pics almost never actually "trash" the dress... most report that they end up cleaner than they were on the beach before! You can actually trash it if you want, but if you communicate to your photographer that you are worried about it, they will help you be careful. There is no greater chance of it getting wrecked during the TTD than during the wedding day itself.

#378 Liann03

Liann03
            • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

I love the idea. I am going to do a trash the dress shoot, but I'm not going to use my actual wedding dress. Instead I bought a cheap dress for this. But the pics look great.

#379 Liann03

Liann03
              • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yea I agree. Do you think it would still take away from it if I bought a different dress (there's a few simple j. Crew ones I like) and used that and that way he wouldn't know what my real dress will look like.

No, it won't take away from the shoot. That's what I'm going to do during mine.

#380 levywill65892

levywill65892
                • Banned
                • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'd definitely wouldn't do it. I treasure my dress so much to do it that way. It's such a big memory for me and huge deal to both of us that I wouldn't even consider doing it. But it does look like tons of fun.

http://www.chescadirect.co.uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users