Trash the Dress....yes or no???

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#341 sgreen99

sgreen99
  • Site Supporter
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hey Peach, check my siggy, I posed links to my photog's blog posts from our day ;)

#342 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
    • 255 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Peach 

My plan is to "trash it", rinse it out really well in the shower at the resort, and wear it again for my AHR a month later. 

I am just wondering if I will need to dry clean it before and after the AHR or just after.

You will need to dry clean in between trashing it and wearing it for your AHR. I've heard of brides doing it locally before they return home and it is MUCH cheaper. It will probably be really dirty after your AHR as well, you'd be surprised how black the bottom will get after being dragged on the ground. 

#343 Sara Tamargo

Sara Tamargo
      • Vendor
      • 94 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

definetly yeees!!.. we made hair and make up of tjis session, and my sister @delsolphotography took the pictures.. and we had so much fun!.. but also de bride as you can see!! and you can have such a beautiful memories with this kind of pictures..

#344 samantha2

samantha2
        • 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

For people who have done trash the dress sessions, how do you dry it before you have to bring it back home on the airplane?  I would be worried that the dress would still not be dry when trying to pack it and carry it on the plane.  Just wondering what some people's experiences have been.  Thanks

#345 shan0487

shan0487
          • 1,393 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

My dress dried in a day- just hang it outside over the balcony of your room- the warm weather and sun will dry it out no problem!

Originally Posted by samantha2 

For people who have done trash the dress sessions, how do you dry it before you have to bring it back home on the airplane?  I would be worried that the dress would still not be dry when trying to pack it and carry it on the plane.  Just wondering what some people's experiences have been.  Thanks

#346 JillTran

JillTran
          • Vendor
          • 116 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Congratulations on your engagement ladies! I actually have a bride who bought an additional dress for the Trash your Dress shoot, doesn't have to be expensive but at least you won't feel so bad when your trash it, AND you'll have 2 dresses to take pictures in!

Good luck and happy planning!

-Jill Tran

#347 Uberoom

Uberoom
            • Banned
            • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

This is the first time I hear something like it.  I have to say that it looks awesome, the magic that can come from it is amazing.  

Everyone should try it at least once.

#348 Uberoom

Uberoom
              • Banned
              • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

This is the first time I hear something like it.  I have to say that it looks awesome, the magic that can come from it is amazing.     Everyone should try it at least once.

#349 Jess878

Jess878
                • 215 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

I love the idea.m

#350 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 406 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
                  • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

I think it's a must....can't wait
                  17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
                  Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users