Photo

Trash the Dress....yes or no???

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#271 brgephar

brgephar
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

WPGBride & MissBlissMpls -- amazing photos ladies!

#272 balibride

balibride
    • 153 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

I love this idea... Especially th fire pic but I don't think I'm that brave!

#273 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
      • 338 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

I LOVE all of these photos on here, well done ladies! I definitely want to do TTD but I think I may buy a cheapy dress from David's Bridal or even online for the shoot. My actual gown is lace & silk, so I don't want to destroy it! There are so many great photographers, it's hard to pick just one!! Does anyone have experience with Caribe Photo or Matias Canos? Those are the two photographers allowed by my resort, and I haven't seen many reviews on them so far. It would be of great help!

#274 KLPhoto

KLPhoto
        • Vendor
        • 97 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

from the viewpoint of a photographer, a TTD is amazing because there are no limitations to taking amazing photos of you. If you are a little weary on the idea of ruining your dress (which doesn't necessarily need to be permanent but getting wet, dirty, etc) you can still do a day after session for my relaxed private intimate photos without the stress of a wedding day and pressure of guests lingering. It's a nice time to just simply enjoy being with your new spouse! And for a photographer, it's the perfect time to really get all those must-have shots you may not have been able to get the day before due to all those factors! PLUS, if you're ceremony is at the hottest of the hot times of day (which I have dealt with) you have the luxury of choosing the coolest time, either sunrise or sunset for your photos, and all the freedom is yours, possibilities are endless!! 

http://www.kristinla.../02/bestof2011/

#275 soltamargo

soltamargo
          • Vendor
          • 216 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

One of my new "favorite images of the week" all in support of doing a del Sol Mermaid Trash the Dress...

My thoughts are that now, more than ever, we are so excited that we can play with the art form that is bride + underwater... My imagination goes crazy and literally these are some of the most fun images to make.   Taking applications.

Any diver brides want to play with us?

underwater_trash_the_dress_del_sol_0144.JPG

#276 ibitian

ibitian
            • Banned
            • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

yes for sure you have to trash the dress, for more ideas and fun visit http://www.grandgowns.com/ 

#277 ibitian

ibitian
              • Banned
              • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

yes for sure you have to trash the dress, for more ideas and fun visit http://www.grandgowns.com/ 

#278 Dominique 161

Dominique 161
                • 236 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

I cant wait to do my TTD session!

The photos i have seen are AMAZING. They are so different to normal wedding photo!

#279 Shay4966

Shay4966
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 262 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by soltamargo 

Hola Jessi...

Interesting how fast people can start hating on something even though they don't fully understand it and in the end, the bride will do what they want to do anyway.   We don't look at this as destructive nor do we think its a "waste"...  thanks for the support of the movement, and no problem about your dress, its often common.   What we see is that most of our clients end up with a second gown (not necessarily for a wedding occasion)... they are so many options out there.  Keep your mind open if your in love with the concept...

For example, Susan purchased a 2nd hand wedding dress for $75.  It wasn't actually the right size and some of the underwater was challenging...at one point, she was just over it and wanted to SWIM out of the dress (she was covered with nude colored undies).  The dress then started to float upright and gave us the chance to create an EPIC photo, just being at the right place at the right time....

Check this Chris Isaak Wicked Game style TTD: http://delsolphotogr...by-Matt-and-Sol

del_sol_photography_trash_the_dress-2.JPG

I have to say that no matter the photo that comes from you guys I am always amazed, especially at the underwater photoshoots. With that said I wanted to know if you would be able to post some TTD on the beach. The cenote ones are breathtaking, I'm currently booked with you guys doing a beach TTD and I wanted to see ideas. 

#280 pacificgirl

pacificgirl
                    • 92 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

I will probably do one with paint (LOVE those) and in a replica dress I order. I refuse to harm my Paloma Blanca. I would die!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users