Photo

Trash the Dress....yes or no???

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#11 june11bride

june11bride
  • 304 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:58 AM

I went back and forth on whether I wanted to do it and if I wanted to get a new dress to it. I ended up doing it the day after the wedding and used my wedding dress and I am sooo glad I did! It ended up being the most special and fun thing we did! My dress wasn't huge and didn't get too heavy and after we used those beach showers to wash off and the dress got pretty clean!! I haven't gotten my pics yet but im sooo excited to see them. I know they'll be amazing. I would definitely recommend doing it. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity!!!

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#12 sojahseh81

sojahseh81
    • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

Right, and think of cool trashing idea's. My dress is very casual though since we're going with the island theme. But I still want to do it..

#13 Evgal

Evgal
      • 175 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

I really want to do it but I need my dress for my AHR.  I'm going to get something similar and much much cheaper for TTD photos.  For those that are using a 2nd dress, are you going with something similar or totally different from the wedding dress?

#14 Tammy86

Tammy86
        • 54 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

I'm dongi a cherish the dress photoshoot in london! Luckily, I've got it thrown in for free with the photography. Bargain!!

#15 june11bride

june11bride
          • 304 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:04 AM

What's a cherish the dress??

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#16 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
            • 328 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:56 AM

From what I've found,

What's a cherish the dress??

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
              Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#17 SamLowel

SamLowel
              • Banned
              • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:09 AM

Where did the whole concept of TTD come from? I never heard about it until recently when I was looking at bridal photos. Has it been going on for years, and I've just been in the dark?

--- Rustoleum Insuladd Insuladd Rustoleum

#18 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

I am definitely doing a TTD.  I love the idea of taking a beautiful white dress out of context.  I don't want to do the typical beach and water shots, but something more exotic as well!  I think "trash" is improper because you arent really trashing it!  A lot of brides have said the ocean cleaned up their dress after the reception and they just showered off the salt water and it looked great!!!!

Attached Files

#19 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                  • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

its the thing im most looking forward too (besides getting married) lol....imagine posting these pics up throughout your house in black and white! in my opinion, these are so much nicer then typical wedding pics!!!

i think you should def do it. Ive gotten a second dress for this though, only because im doing an AHR so if you want to find a second dress, look at davids bridal great prices

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#20 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                    • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

i should have read before i posted lol, ive gone with something totally different than my actual wedding dress. my real dress in ivory with crystals a train and hand made flowers....on the other hand my TTD is RED one shouldered still looks like a wedding dress(well it is a wedding dress) i wanted to go with a romantic tropical feel...with a touch of exotic....the reason i did red is because my wedding dress is traditional...and as much as i love the traditional look, my FI and I are not your typical type lol

I would go with a different look than your wedding dress, let us know what you choose!

Originally Posted by Evgal 

I really want to do it but I need my dress for my AHR.  I'm going to get something similar and much much cheaper for TTD photos.  For those that are using a 2nd dress, are you going with something similar or totally different from the wedding dress?

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users