Photo

NEED ADVICE!! MAID OF HONOR ISSUES (VERY LONG)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Mwise17

Mwise17
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

I am happy it all worked out.  The exact same thing happened to me, my cousin was my MOH and I could tell she just wasn't happy for me!  When I FINALLY picked the resort, she didn't even check it out!!!!  (she travels to all inclusive resorts 3 x's a year....)  It went on and on along the same lines...after agonizing about it forever, I finally had the talk and it did NOT go well, but I told her it wasn't fair to me and that I need to do whats best for me, and demoted her to BM....that was a month or so ago, and I am so glad that I did it!!!!  She is actually helping so much more now, and there are no hard feelings between her and my new MOH (she was a bridesmaid)...SO happy with my decision. 

Good for you for getting the nerve to trust your gut...

:)

Heres to smooth sailing from here on out!!!

#12 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
    • 179 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

It was a big risk but it seems as though things are going well now, our friendship is improving again and like u said, she is happy about the step down. 

Cheers to smooth sailing (said with fingers crossed)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwise17 

I am happy it all worked out.  The exact same thing happened to me, my cousin was my MOH and I could tell she just wasn't happy for me!  When I FINALLY picked the resort, she didn't even check it out!!!!  (she travels to all inclusive resorts 3 x's a year....)  It went on and on along the same lines...after agonizing about it forever, I finally had the talk and it did NOT go well, but I told her it wasn't fair to me and that I need to do whats best for me, and demoted her to BM....that was a month or so ago, and I am so glad that I did it!!!!  She is actually helping so much more now, and there are no hard feelings between her and my new MOH (she was a bridesmaid)...SO happy with my decision. 

Good for you for getting the nerve to trust your gut...

Heres to smooth sailing from here on out!!!

#13 Mwise17

Mwise17
      • 528 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

Happy to hear!

Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey 

#14 kymish

kymish
        • 163 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

glad it worked out for you... congrats on ur big day!!! ( thou u prob wont read this till your back ) LOL

Originally Posted by Soon2BNJersey 

#15 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
          • 179 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

Ladies,

We are back and I had a blast in Jamaica, You would never believe the change in events.  a few weeks prior to the wedding, My new maid of honor and my original maid of honor switch back.  I know crazy right? but at the end of the day it taught my original maid of honor to pay better attention and be honest with me.  I am glad I switched back to my original maid of honor because she was a HUGE help on the wedding day! She is a cater and knows weddings and events backwards and forwards.  she kept me cool calm and collected and I couldn't have gotten married without her.  This wedding road was a rocky one with my bridal party but at the end of the day..the one who cared the most stepped up and all else just enjoyed the spotlight.  Word of advice, choose your party carefully, but be patient with them too. 

#16 lucy<3woody

lucy<3woody
            • 166 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

So happy that this all worked out for you!!

Did they ever throw you a bridal shower?? That has been the biggest thing that my MOH has done for me. she did a phenomenal job and we had the best time. I just couldn't imagine if my MOH/Bridesmaids hadn't done this for me!!

#17 heavenone

heavenone
              • 169 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

I'm so glad it all worked out! Congrats!

#18 FutureMrsF

FutureMrsF
                • 151 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

Happy it all worked out. Congratulations on being a MRS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users