Photo

Iberostar Brides CAN choose their Entertainment!!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
  • 317 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:42 AM

Hey ladies,

I just wanted to let you know that the wedding coordinators at Iberostar DO take requests when it comes to your entertainment. I am a member of this forum as well as the Iberostar Rose Hall Brides page on Facebook and I have seen a few women complain about their entertainment and services such ad the DJ and hair stylist.

So I did some research and I have chosen the DJ and Steel Pan Drummer we would like to use. The wedding coordinator will book them for you thru the resort you just have to tell them who you want. You should also let that person know you are going to request them for your date so that they do not book any gigs outside of the resort!

You may have seen the Steel Pan Drummer on this page, Ravon Rhoden.

He also has a YouTube page that shows his work and he does a great job. Be sure to check him out an request him if you are looking for a Steel Pan Drummer. We will be using him for the hour after the ceremony during pictures starting from the time we are pronounced Man & Wife.

Happy Planning!

Felicia 

#2 susan1672

susan1672
    • Vendor
    • 231 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

Thanks Felicia! Great info! Do you know how much the steel drum band is per hour?

#3 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
      • 317 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

They are quite pricey. The resort charges $350 an hour but the entertainment may charge less. For instance Ravon only charges $200 per hour so I am guessing the resort tries to keep the rest. I am going to try and pay him directly.

#4 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
        • 349 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

I think I want steel drums for the ceremony and cocktail hour.

I'm really digging Ravon Rhoden

...good looks. Did you contact him yet?

...good looks. Did you contact him yet?

! I !

#5 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
          • 317 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

Yes he is the one that told me he only charges $200/ hr. He is now also my friend on Facebook.

#6 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
            • 317 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

Yes he is the one that told me he only charges $200/ hr. He is now also my friend on Facebook.

#7 susan1672

susan1672
              • Vendor
              • 231 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Awesome. I think I am going to go with him also!

#8 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
                • 317 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

You are all welcome. Please be sure to let him know you got the info from Felicia Miller. Not that I can get anytype of discount since I hav to pay the resort for his service but I just want him to know that I am spreading the word :)

#9 luvmoo

luvmoo
                  • 503 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

Wow he is awesome!!! we are doing steel pan band through the resort, we were thinking of having us walk down the aisle to it, and then he can just keep playing after the ceremony.. for the hour or what not... Does he get booked through the resort or do you have to contact him seperately? he is really good!! :)

#10 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
                    • 317 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:22 AM

You can book him through the resort but they wont attempt to book him until your wedding is about a month out. You can contact him and have him tenatively book you until the resort contacts him. Just to make sure he has your data available. Since he does do work outside of the resort ad well.

Originally Posted by luvmoo 

Wow he is awesome!!! we are doing steel pan band through the resort, we were thinking of having us walk down the aisle to it, and then he can just keep playing after the ceremony.. for the hour or what not... Does he get booked through the resort or do you have to contact him seperately? he is really good!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users