Photo

Was there a meaning behind your wedding date?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 alpwedding2013

alpwedding2013
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Not necessarily.  We didn't want to be engaged for much more than a year, so that played a part in the date.  Also, we wanted to have our wedding during the "off-season" for cost purposes, but make sure we had it towards the end of the hurricane season to reduce the risk of being affected (hopefully) .  Finally, the availability of our desired location played a big part too. 

#32 Peach

Peach
    • 1,293 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by brgephar 

Actually this brings up a good question I've been having. I'd like some feedback:

Fi's birthday is actually on Halloween, and like I said mine is March 14th (Pi day to some as the mathematical constant Pi = 3.14159... So we have always had a running joke that together we are Pumpkin Pie lol.. I know we won't for the DW but would it be too cheesy to serve Pumpkin Pie at our AHR? Thoughts?

What an awesome idea!

For us, FI proposed on July 18. 18 is my lucky number, and as he pointed out to me, July 18 is my half-birthday. I was born on January 18, he is exactly one week after me. He always said he wanted a date he can remember!

So we are getting married two years to the date (and only a couple hours off the time!) he proposed. July 18, 2013.

#33 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Peach 

What an awesome idea!

For us, FI proposed on July 18. 18 is my lucky number, and as he pointed out to me, July 18 is my half-birthday. I was born on January 18, he is exactly one week after me. He always said he wanted a date he can remember!

So we are getting married two years to the date (and only a couple hours off the time!) he proposed. July 18, 2013.

Oops, forgot to add...

I am a teacher, so even though it would be lovely to escape the cold Canadian winters, I have two months of built in time off, which happens to take place during the cheapest time to travel to these locations. FI is an accountant, so summer is not super busy for him either. So we knew we would be getting married in the summer... it all is just working out well!

#34 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
        • 360 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

For the FI and myself, we chose the month based on the season for the destination (avoid hurricane and stay within low season). It just made sense for November as well because it is slower for the guests that are still in school to allow the parents to take them out of school for the week. The wedding date just so happened to fall on the 12th which was the same date we started dating. I guess sometimes... things just seem to work out on its own.

#35 Laura2013

Laura2013
          • 177 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Our wedding date is our 7th (dating) anniversary. We got engaged on our 6th anniversary in Jamaica so we are so happy that we were able to have our 7th year anniversary be our wedding day.

#36 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
            • 593 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Peach 

Oops, forgot to add...

I am a teacher, so even though it would be lovely to escape the cold Canadian winters, I have two months of built in time off, which happens to take place during the cheapest time to travel to these locations. FI is an accountant, so summer is not super busy for him either. So we knew we would be getting married in the summer... it all is just working out well!

Same here! Our wedding is 7/5/13. We don't have any significant numbers to us. I mean, I could contrive a story, but the truth is, we don't celebrate the day we met, the day we began to date or any of those. We became engaged November 6, 2011 and wanted to have a summer wedding because I am a teacher and I did not want to be in the throws of a school year for my wedding. We realized however, that we did not have the time to save if we wed that summer, so we started looking at Summer 2013 dates. Thank goodness because at that time we were planning a stateside reception before ultimately deciding on a destination wedding. Our initial wedding date was 6/28/13. My godmother got on my case about how it is bad luck to switch and how she thinks destination weddings are bad luck so we decided to get our license legally in NY on our original date of 6/28/13 so we wouldn't "jinx" ourselves haha. I guess the 5 and 13 in our date are significant. 5 is the month we started dating- May and 13 is my fiances bday. But we really just chose the date because 4th of July weekend gives our guests the fourth of July weekend without having to take many days off, it meant I was done with work, my coworkers could come...and that's pretty much the gist. I really did not want to pick that date because 3 of my friends got married fourth of July weekend- but what can you do?

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#37 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
              • 360 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

So my friends pointed out that our wedding date will be 11.12.13 (November 12, 2013). They thought that's why I chose the date, but I didn't even realize that myself. I guess it is kind of a special date.

#38 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
                • 174 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

Our favorite number is 7 so I want to pick a date with the number 7 or that the month, date, and year add up to 7.

#39 Make2dayAmazing

Make2dayAmazing
                  • 164 posts
                  • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
                  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe Tropical
                  • LocationDominican Republic

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

We are getting married on February 21st. We first started dating on this same date back when we were 16 and when we get married it will be our 12th anniversary.

#40 Megg

Megg
                  • 51 posts
                  • Wedding Date:May 9, 2015
                  • Wedding Location:Riu Montego Bay

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

We picked May 9th. No special reason! We didn't want it during any peak time (cheaper for us and our guests) but before hurricane season. One Saturday in May in a Jamaican national holiday so that was out. And we felt May 9th rolled off the tongue better than May 16th :-) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users