Photo

Was there a meaning behind your wedding date?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 FabiLara

FabiLara
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

It was supposed to be the date we started dating, but it'll probably have to be moved 2 or 3 days earlier or so.... It's a Friday and our vendors would be more expensive then. Oh well...

#22 Ty Roane

Ty Roane
    • 160 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

I thought picking a date would be easy.  Originally we wanted it on the anniversary of us dating. But then we didn't...We were suggest June between our bdays (I'm the 16th he's the 27) But June is already a busy month...April is dedicated to my son...So recently I am have been playng with the idea of New Year's Eve! Feedback?

#23 brgephar

brgephar
      • 166 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

We are getting married October 14th, 2013. Fi's birthday is in October and my birthday is March 14th so we "combined our birthdays" so to speak when choosing our wedding date. 

#24 brgephar

brgephar
        • 166 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by brgephar 

We are getting married October 14th, 2013. Fi's birthday is in October and my birthday is March 14th so we "combined our birthdays" so to speak when choosing our wedding date. 

Actually this brings up a good question I've been having. I'd like some feedback:

Fi's birthday is actually on Halloween, and like I said mine is March 14th (Pi day to some as the mathematical constant Pi = 3.14159... So we have always had a running joke that together we are Pumpkin Pie lol.. I know we won't for the DW but would it be too cheesy to serve Pumpkin Pie at our AHR? Thoughts?

#25 Branya2012

Branya2012
          • 200 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Cool thread!

We are getting married December 5, 2012, almost a year to the day that we met each other at a DW in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Since we got together, we have always celebrated December 5 as our anniversary, so when it came to choosing a date for the wedding, my husband-to-be suggested December 5!

It's also exactly 6 months from my birthday, so it's easier for him to remember! (What's not easier to remember with iPhones these days anyways?)

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#26 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
            • 255 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

We are getting legally married before we leave for Mexico on May 17 which was my Grandma's birthday. The date was important to me and we couldn't coordinate it around flights to mexico so that was my deciding factor to get married in Canada before we left. 

#27 TrishKurtis

TrishKurtis
              • 18 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

December 9, 2013 will be our Five year dating anniversary 

#28 TrishKurtis

TrishKurtis
                • 18 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

December 9, 2013 will be our Five year dating anniversary 

#29 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
                  • 562 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
                  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

FI's birthday is August 7th, mine is August 20th, and our first date happened to be on February 27th. So I always liked the idea of getting married on the 27th as a way to sort of combine our birthdays and commemorate our first date. We wanted spring/summer and for it to be a Saturday, so that left us with April 27, 2013 or July 27, 2013. Ultimately decided on April because it was closer!

#30 MrsBklovn

MrsBklovn
                  • 79 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

December 13th is our dating anniversary, but it falls on a Friday in 2013. Friday December 13th in 2013 didn't sound so great to me... sooo we're getting married the 14th instead 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users