Jump to content

Photo

Calling All Brides: Luggage Tags, I'm torn.


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 celticgirl

celticgirl
  • Jr. Member
  • 266 posts

    Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

    Ok so heres the deal... I was all set to purchase some luggage tags to send out with my pre-travel brochures, when my FI told me that it was a silly idea.  They give you tags at the airport for FREE, and we have already spend close to a grand on their OOT bags and we also did wedding favors.... I think they are a nice gesture, but he does have a point in saying that they are a little pointless as the airport supplies them for you! I see a LOT of people do them, so help me decide!!!


    Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
    January 7th, 2012

    63 booked


    #2 JayKay

    JayKay
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

    Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:08 PM


    I really wanted to do luggage tags, but my FI talked me out of it.  I seen all the neat designs and wanted to do them.  My FI also reminded me that they are free at the airport and most people in our group already either have one, or probably will purchase one before going on our trip.  We came to the conclusion that the cost of making them and mailing them out wasn't worth it for us as we also did OOT bags for all our guests.
     

    Originally Posted by celticgirl 

    Ok so heres the deal... I was all set to purchase some luggage tags to send out with my pre-travel brochures, when my FI told me that it was a silly idea.  They give you tags at the airport for FREE, and we have already spend close to a grand on their OOT bags and we also did wedding favors.... I think they are a nice gesture, but he does have a point in saying that they are a little pointless as the airport supplies them for you! I see a LOT of people do them, so help me decide!!!



     



    #3 celticgirl

    celticgirl
    • Jr. Member
    • 266 posts

      Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:08 AM


      I think that is what I am leaning towards as well! Thanks for the advice.

      Originally Posted by JayKay 


      I really wanted to do luggage tags, but my FI talked me out of it.  I seen all the neat designs and wanted to do them.  My FI also reminded me that they are free at the airport and most people in our group already either have one, or probably will purchase one before going on our trip.  We came to the conclusion that the cost of making them and mailing them out wasn't worth it for us as we also did OOT bags for all our guests.
       



       



       


      Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
      January 7th, 2012

      63 booked


      #4 all the love

      all the love
      • Site Supporter
      • 133 posts

        Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

        We aren't doing much in the way of OOT bags and decided to 'splurge' on the luggage tags with a pre-travel newsletter. I've decided to try to sew them (found a pattern online) and was able to buy all the supplies for what will work out to less than $1 per person. For me it's more about the process rather than the product though, and I intend to be proud of myself when (if?) I finish them. Whenever my FI and I are discussing if we should do something or not, we remind ourselves that none of these people have been to a DW and so they aren't expecting anything, so we are not feeling guilty when we decide to skip something.



        #5 Evgal

        Evgal
        • Jr. Member
        • 175 posts

          Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

          I sent out my luggage tags pre-trip as a teaser.  I think it is a great addition because people can see that you are traveling together.  But it is really unnecessary.  It seems like you already have a large OOT bag so don't worry about it and skip it.



          #6 cheshyreshan

          cheshyreshan
          • Newbie
          • 6 posts

            Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

            I have a friend that used the heavy duty plastic name badge holders and then printed luggage tags that matched the invites and said, "This bag is on the adventure" and the back said "If found, please call" and then had our name an phone number.  She sent 2 tags per guest and small black zip ties.  Almost all of the guests still have them on their suitcases, including me.  :)



            #7 janette34

            janette34
            • Jr. Member
            • 417 posts

              Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:05 AM

              I'm doing luggage tags, but only b/c I've found supplies that are cheap.  I used trading card sleeves from the Dollar store (5 hard plastic sleeves for $1) and purchased the loops off ebay for $5, plus shipping so 100 for about $10.  I'm printing the tags myself and we have a fairly small group going about 35 so the cost is low.



              #8 ACDCDCAC

              ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

              Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:21 AM

              i think they are a really fun idea, looking back i wish i had the time or $ to do them! honestly i would have rather DIY these than the programs i spent (wasted) time/money making... but thats just me :)

               

              (my programs didnt all get put out and we found a box of more than half of them sitting aside later during the reception. those that did get them on their seats left them laying around the tables, etc. i realized later that was a big time and money waster -for me- and wished i didnt do them at all after that!)



              #9 dominiqueamber

              dominiqueamber
              • Member
              • 923 posts

                Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:34 PM


                Celticgirl,

                I like the comment that most people havn't been to a destination wedding so they'r enot expecting luggage tags..somewhere else someone reminded me that wedding guests do not see everything on BDW so they're not missing anything... I think if you can afford it go for it if not no big deal.. There are so pretty cheap ways I've seen if that helps

                 

                Abbie,

                Wow! I'm so sorry! If they don't keep mine I will be so upset! Actually only the hoarders in my family probably will so I have to keep this in mind and not spend too much time and energy - thanks... I'm going to look in your posts for a picture.
                 

                Originally Posted by Abbie 

                i think they are a really fun idea, looking back i wish i had the time or $ to do them! honestly i would have rather DIY these than the programs i spent (wasted) time/money making... but thats just me :)

                 

                (my programs didnt all get put out and we found a box of more than half of them sitting aside later during the reception. those that did get them on their seats left them laying around the tables, etc. i realized later that was a big time and money waster -for me- and wished i didnt do them at all after that!)



                 



                #10 bride6262

                bride6262
                • Member
                • 582 posts

                  Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

                  the great thing about luggage tags is the ease of being able to identify your bags. so maybe skip the tags and just get ribbon in your wedding colours for everyone to tie on their bags.






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users