Free trip for every 16 people - what to do?!?!

What company are you booked with?  Ours has to be same departure city as well but I didn't see anything about the same room class.  If you booked through a TA I would look into contacting the tour operator directly and see if they can do anything for you.  I heard from one friend that they knew of a TA who never gave groups their free trips and took them for herself/friends/family.  SO awful.  It would be worht contacting the company to find out the true "rules and regulations"

I hope you get it sorted out!

Originally Posted by X-Chan View Post

I started another thread with this question but thought I'd post here since I didn't get any answers..

Were there any special conditions before you girls were able to claim the free package? My original quote said that I'd get 1 free per every 20 booked. That's great.. I have 46 booked, so I emailed my TA to see if I would get 2 free packages. She said no, the 20 have to be from the same departure city and for the same room package. I said ok.. I have 33 going from Toronto and about 23 of those are booked for ocean view rooms, can I at least get 1 free? Now she says it has to be 20 booked for the cheapest rooms, not ocean-view. Thing is, the standard rooms were sold out even before we submitted our original deposits so many people had to book ocean view 8 months before the date. I don't get why I can't get 1 standard package free for having 20 ocean views booked.. I'm just so bummed, I was really hoping to use this as we're paying for two packages on top of FI and I's. 

Who are you booked with?! The original provider we looked at had the first class upgrade for the Bride and Groom which I thought would be so nice, sadly we didn't go with them so well be travelling coach :(

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

Wow!! i wish we got deals like this!! hahaha the one perk we got was, that the bride and groom got a Free upgrade to first class, and then once 20 people book, one more couple gets a free upgrade to first class on the plane, both ways! :) which is pretty cool, cause normally thats a 600 upgrade for a couple. :) ( we gave that upgrade to my Mom and Dad as they are doing so much for us with the wedding etc... it is nice to be able to give them that little perk)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i were you hun, i would take the free trip for you and Patrick, everyone will understand if you feel the need to tell them....you two are paying for everything else i think its only fair that you get a little help with it lol lol

i hope this helped you some.... what does Patrick say about this

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Ok, so I have a question that I am turning to all you wonderful Brides (and grooms) for some feedback on.  When FI and I first started looking at group rates we were told about the "free" trip for every 15/16 people that book.  Originally we said, oh we will spread it out between all our guests and take $100 (or less) dollars off each persons trip.  I totally forgot about this until today and when I emailed my TA we have this opportunity too.  SO here is the question..... Do FI and I take the "free" trips or do we spread it out?  This would open up about $3000 in our budget for extra OOT stuff, DJ etc.... but I don't know what is right and what is wrong!  

feedback.gif     Thank you thank you thank you in advance!!!!

Thanks everyone... I am still unsure as to what we're going to do.  20 people in our group decided not to go with the flight and package we arranged and had our TA arrange something different for them so this inhibits our "free trip" potential slightly but I guess I will wait to see numbers!!!!

• 1 year later...

If I were you I'd give that money back to the guests.  Even if the $75 or $85 is not meaningful, I would still really appreciate the gesture as a guest.  I would definitely appreciate it more than an OOT bag.  

I've heard people talk about brides and grooms who get a free room because of all the rooms that their guests have booked in a very negative way, and I have to agree that it gives destination weddings a bad name.  It's basically like getting a group present from your guests, one that they didn't even know they were giving you!  Not cool. 

Keep it for yourself and it'll help with ur budget! I have a deal where for every 5 rooms booked I get 1 free room, max of 3 rooms for 3 nites. Im using these comp'd rooms for myself, my parents, and FI's parents. Both our parents have been so supportive in our decision to have a DW that we felt it was a nice gesture to give them their rooms for free, but they won't know about it until they get there and the $ is refunded back to their credit cards. Ur guests are fully aware of the rates they are paying when they decide to go to ur DW so u aren't obligated to give $ back to them. I think a lot of people wrongly believe that DW is sooooo much cheaper for the couple and I feel it's only cheaper because you have less people attending, that's the major reason! And let's not forget that if u have a wedding @ home, and u are all staying in a hotel the night of the wedding (that's what I see typically happens) the bridal couple gets at least their room comp'd, if not more!