Photo

Losing my "wedding planning mojo" Has anyone else felt this way?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 zbwedding

zbwedding
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

I dont think I really ever had wedding planning mojo... I get excited here and there, but I'm just so mad at myself for not eloping!  LOL  Call it the easy way out, but truly, I never pictured my wedding as a little girl... and now that I've been a bridesmaid in a few weddings & Im about to get married myself, I see how its soooo incredibly easy to lose sight of whats really truly important about your wedding day:  just you and your man.  When I think about how I will be spending the rest of my life with my man, best friend, and partner... thats the only mojo I need to continue on until our day comes.  

#42 JQLong

JQLong
    • 336 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:39 AM

THE MOJO IS BACK!!!!!!

I finally found it!  Although it took changing our destination & pushing our date ahead...It's back none the less.  As I accomplished many things earlier (my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, my electronic std/invites) I still have my DIY projects to start.  But to keep myself from losing the WP MOJO again, I dont plan on starting any DIY until after the holidays.  Our wedding will be 6 months from the start of the New Year so that should give us plenty of time.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!!

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#43 anudrm

anudrm
      • 760 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:21 AM

THE MOJO IS BACK!!!!!!

I finally found it!  Although it took changing our destination & pushing our date ahead...It's back none the less.  As I accomplished many things earlier (my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, my electronic std/invites) I still have my DIY projects to start.  But to keep myself from losing the WP MOJO again, I dont plan on starting any DIY until after the holidays.  Our wedding will be 6 months from the start of the New Year so that should give us plenty of time.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!!

#44 JQLong

JQLong
        • 336 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

anudrm....

that is actually a great idea.  Problem is....all of the ladies here are so talented.  I get new ideas every day.....and I change my mind every other day.  I am anxious to get started though.  I have found that catching the sales after a holiday (like Easter...) I find awesome trinkety (I like that word) things that I can use.  I may start stalking through Michaels & Joannes soon though.  Thanks for the suggestion!

#45 anudrm

anudrm
          • 760 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

Yes I suffered from that also, it's called Got-a DIY-list-that-continues-to-grow-everyday-I-log-into-BDW....the cure, well hell, idk, LOL.  I had to just buckle down and do it!!! It helps that there are a lot of girls on the site that speaks wedding talk.  Before I do anything in bulk, I make one (of whatever) take a picture and pass it around.  Take suggestions and run with them all.  I suggest you do at least a first one, it will allow your self sometime to sit on some projects and see if you are still in love with it 1 month, 2 months, 4 months. Rather doing something and then decide you don't care for it, then you are out of time to change it.

As for Easter, thank goodness my colors are autumn/Halloween, GREAT selections - on sale, LOL

#46 JQLong

JQLong
            • 336 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

Great colors!  Mine are turquoise, yellow & fuchsia (recently added). This past Easter, I was fortunate enough to find these awesome little yellow pails at Target .27!!!  I was so excited I bought 40 of them.  It was an after Easter sale and I went crazy.  I also bought some card stock for really cheap in the same colors.  Now that my wedding has been pushed forward, I have another Easter to stalk Target for great stuff!

Originally Posted by anudrm 

Yes I suffered from that also, it's called Got-a DIY-list-that-continues-to-grow-everyday-I-log-into-BDW....the cure, well hell, idk, LOL.  I had to just buckle down and do it!!! It helps that there are a lot of girls on the site that speaks wedding talk.  Before I do anything in bulk, I make one (of whatever) take a picture and pass it around.  Take suggestions and run with them all.  I suggest you do at least a first one, it will allow your self sometime to sit on some projects and see if you are still in love with it 1 month, 2 months, 4 months. Rather doing something and then decide you don't care for it, then you are out of time to change it.

As for Easter, thank goodness my colors are autumn/Halloween, GREAT selections - on sale, LOL

#47 anudrm

anudrm
              • 760 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

.27, yeah I would have managed to justify purchasing 40 of them also, I don't know how we as women do it.  Yet we can justify buying way too much of cheap things!

Originally Posted by JQLong 

Great colors!  Mine are turquoise, yellow & fuchsia (recently added). This past Easter, I was fortunate enough to find these awesome little yellow pails at Target .27!!!  I was so excited I bought 40 of them.  It was an after Easter sale and I went crazy.  I also bought some card stock for really cheap in the same colors.  Now that my wedding has been pushed forward, I have another Easter to stalk Target for great stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users