Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JQLong

Losing my "wedding planning mojo" Has anyone else felt this way?

Recommended Posts

I dont think I really ever had wedding planning mojo... I get excited here and there, but I'm just so mad at myself for not eloping!  LOL  Call it the easy way out, but truly, I never pictured my wedding as a little girl... and now that I've been a bridesmaid in a few weddings & Im about to get married myself, I see how its soooo incredibly easy to lose sight of whats really truly important about your wedding day:  just you and your man.  When I think about how I will be spending the rest of my life with my man, best friend, and partner... thats the only mojo I need to continue on until our day comes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE MOJO IS BACK!!!!!!woot.gif

I finally found it!  Although it took changing our destination & pushing our date ahead...It's back none the less.  As I accomplished many things earlier (my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, my electronic std/invites) I still have my DIY projects to start.  But to keep myself from losing the WP MOJO again, I dont plan on starting any DIY until after the holidays.  Our wedding will be 6 months from the start of the New Year so that should give us plenty of time.

 

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!!cheesy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


woot.gifwoot.gifwoot.gif

 

You can do it!!! Why don't you start the little things, so at 6 months you can just plow through the more time consuming things.  Like, have you gotten all of your tools, paper, ribbons and such.  I find myself running to Michael's every week (more like multiple times a week) because I ran out of this color paper, or geeze I found a tool that would do this prefectly.  

Originally Posted by JQLong View Post

THE MOJO IS BACK!!!!!!woot.gif

I finally found it!  Although it took changing our destination & pushing our date ahead...It's back none the less.  As I accomplished many things earlier (my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, my electronic std/invites) I still have my DIY projects to start.  But to keep myself from losing the WP MOJO again, I dont plan on starting any DIY until after the holidays.  Our wedding will be 6 months from the start of the New Year so that should give us plenty of time.

 

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!!cheesy.gif



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anudrm....

 

that is actually a great idea.  Problem is....all of the ladies here are so talented.  I get new ideas every day.....and I change my mind every other day.  I am anxious to get started though.  I have found that catching the sales after a holiday (like Easter...) I find awesome trinkety (I like that wordcheesy.gif) things that I can use.  I may start stalking through Michaels & Joannes soon though.  Thanks for the suggestion!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I suffered from that also, it's called Got-a DIY-list-that-continues-to-grow-everyday-I-log-into-BDW....the cure, well hell, idk, LOL.  I had to just buckle down and do it!!! It helps that there are a lot of girls on the site that speaks wedding talk.  Before I do anything in bulk, I make one (of whatever) take a picture and pass it around.  Take suggestions and run with them all.  I suggest you do at least a first one, it will allow your self sometime to sit on some projects and see if you are still in love with it 1 month, 2 months, 4 months. Rather doing something and then decide you don't care for it, then you are out of time to change it.

 

As for Easter, thank goodness my colors are autumn/Halloween, GREAT selections - on sale, LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great colors!  Mine are turquoise, yellow & fuchsia (recently added). This past Easter, I was fortunate enough to find these awesome little yellow pails at Target .27!!!  I was so excited I bought 40 of them.  It was an after Easter sale and I went crazy.  I also bought some card stock for really cheap in the same colors.  Now that my wedding has been pushed forward, I have another Easter to stalk Target for great stuff!



 

Originally Posted by anudrm View Post

Yes I suffered from that also, it's called Got-a DIY-list-that-continues-to-grow-everyday-I-log-into-BDW....the cure, well hell, idk, LOL.  I had to just buckle down and do it!!! It helps that there are a lot of girls on the site that speaks wedding talk.  Before I do anything in bulk, I make one (of whatever) take a picture and pass it around.  Take suggestions and run with them all.  I suggest you do at least a first one, it will allow your self sometime to sit on some projects and see if you are still in love with it 1 month, 2 months, 4 months. Rather doing something and then decide you don't care for it, then you are out of time to change it.

 

As for Easter, thank goodness my colors are autumn/Halloween, GREAT selections - on sale, LOL



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.27, yeah I would have managed to justify purchasing 40 of them also, I don't know how we as women do it.  Yet we can justify buying way too much of cheap things!
 

Originally Posted by JQLong View Post

Great colors!  Mine are turquoise, yellow & fuchsia (recently added). This past Easter, I was fortunate enough to find these awesome little yellow pails at Target .27!!!  I was so excited I bought 40 of them.  It was an after Easter sale and I went crazy.  I also bought some card stock for really cheap in the same colors.  Now that my wedding has been pushed forward, I have another Easter to stalk Target for great stuff!

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×