Originally Posted by med2012 View Post

For my photographer I only have to pay a day pass because I had her booked before signing the contract and approved it with Palace Resorts.  They are trying to book me $500 for the DJ, which I had no idea they would do at the time I signed the contract.  They obviously have changed the rules...

So you got lucky :) Who are you trying to use for the DJ? Which photographer did you book? Do you have a wedding planner on site yet? 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE just returned from 2 weeks at Le Blanc and our wedding was June 3, we had about 30 guests with us and it was AMAZING!!!!! I knew it would be and it was....Our on site planner was amazing...Sandra Prieto deserves more than I could ever giver her!! We were her last wedding at Le Blanc as she has been promoted and relocated to another resort!!!! She made everything perfect and was with us all day to cue important moments and coordinate everything from the I Do's to the last dance!! Here are some pointers

1. Silvia in the Miami office is very new (she told me she just started) and has soooo much incorrect information and do remember her job is in wedding sales so she is there to help you with planning but to also show you options to add on to your exixting package...It was a difficult start to the planning process and while Silvia was very quick to reply and as helpful as possible there were very many miscommunications and incorrect info. They did try to charge the $500 vendor fee but we booked our DJ (DJ MANNIA) and LA LUNA PHOTOGRAPHERS (DEL SOL) [AMAZING BY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN DREAMING TO WORK WITH DEL SOL SINCE WE DECIDED ON A DESTINATION WEDDING]...anyway we booked them a year ago and i had the OK from YESENIA to have them come on property for just the day pass fees per person.

2. OUR TRAVEL AGENT CAROL PECK. God Bless her she coordinated and arranged all our travel needs for 30 guests! everything was perfect! YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY work with her for your destination wedding or honeymoon or any trip!!!! You can email her at CarolP@allabouthoneymoons.com!! and tell her LAUREN & ANDREW sent you!

3. The resort is perfect, we are New Yorkers and have high expectations and have been to many nice and not so nice resorts but Le Blanc is #1 in Cancun for a reason so know you all made the right decision in choosing Le Blanc. I love the all white, Miami feel and wanted an all white wedding and they were perfect. Luxurious and wonderful!

4. Wedding stuff ... everyone there was amazing the restaurants were delicious and we ate filet mignon every night (really we did and sushi and everything else..i gained a husband and 8 lbs!! haha). the restaurants dont take reservations but I asked if we could arrange for a welcome dinner/gathering and they accomodated 30 of us with a special menu, beautifully decorated tables and everything was perfect!! Another night we asked to arrange for the 30 of us to eat together again and we had 3 birthdays to celebrate and again they took care of us! Treated like we were guests in their own home!!

I brought tons of gifts and welcome bags and parasols for the beach, maracas, starfish, etc and almost had a problem bringing it into mexico since customs was concerned that we were bringing too much merchandise to mexico...bring receipts (which i did not do) but i was lucky and was as nice as possible and used my years of spanish lessons to work it out...Sandra my coordinator took all of my stuff including guest book with poloroid, place cards table cards EVERYTHING even fans and bags of rose petals and put EVERYTHING into place...all of it was perfect!!

THERE WAS ONE MINOR INCIDENT...WELL IT WAS A GRANDE INCIDENT...we were supposed to be married on the sand and reception at the gazebo terrace however we woke up the morning of the wedding and there was a HUGE i mean HUGE tent being built directly on the beach blocking the beautiful view we dreamed of....I was a bit angry at first since noone let us know about the event (which turned out to be a fashion show and concert which we were invited to later that week which was fabulous) being so massive BUT i realized what was important was being in this beautiful place and the ppl i loved and i told my hubby to do whatever he thought and make all the decisions and i went to the spa for the day...he ended up moving the ceremony to the other side of the beach and they closed the terrace upstairs overlooking the beach (which is normally a restaurant and a club/bar. They closed it for our wedding until our party was over and it ended up being even better than we couldve imagined...poor sandra was so worried it was going to rain all day but it was fine, a bit gray and cloudy but perfect. Food was perfect DJ was good OUR PHOTOGRAPHERS WERE AMAZING...Jonathan and Melissa from La Luna/Del Sol were like part of our crazy family and they were a pleasure!! we already miss them!!! Everything was great and we ended the night by me jumping in the pool in full wedding gear!!

Salon...i did a hair and makeup trial with Minerva in the spa and she was so sweet and great!!! i wanted natural and beachy messy curls/waves...the trial was great and she did my makeup beautifully but i decided to not wear any makeup at all for the wedding day but she did do my hair and mani/pedi...FUTURE BRIDES if you think your hair will stay nice for any outdoor ceremony and party think again...i wasnt worried about it but my curls/waves lasted through 20 minutes of ceremony and then i was a hot mess but i didnt care at all!!

Spa is amazing use those resort credits!!!!! use the credits for the gift shop, tequila and the Aqua world excursion...So fun with a big group!!

FLOWERS and centerpieces were gorgeous...didnt love the bouquet as it wasnt what i really wanted but it was still beautiful and who cares!!

Im sure ive missed many topics but in the end you will all be happy just go with the flow (which in my everyday life i could BEVER do) and enjoy...your in paradise with all your friends and family marrying the guy of your dreams....who cares if there is a giant tent in the way, or it drizzles, or if something is out of place or your hair is frizzy or you drank the pool bar out over dos equis and tecate lite and don julio....they can always re-stock and the party continues...if you have any questions pls message me!!!

oh yea i forgot to mention the officiant who married us (it was just a civil ceremony but noone knew that) was this funny old man and at the end of our vows he pronounced us Mr & Mrs McCord...we still have no clue who the McCords are but we thought it was sooooo funny!!!

also if you could hire your own photographer...the package i chose included one but we wanted great, photo journalistic style photos and del sol is THE BEST!!!

I am attaching some photos...on includes a photo of sandra the coordinator i wish she would still be there for all you future brides she is incredibly GREAT at her job!! I work in the field as a wedding cake designer and pastry chef so i deal with a lot of weddings and she is a true professional!!! PS the wedding cake Le Blanc made was delicious I made the toppers and brought them to mexico they were made out of sugar so they did melt and change color a bit but its all in fun!!1.jpg this was our sertup PERFECTION EXACTLY WHAT WE WANTED

our beautiful setup

2.jpg

i brought the parasols for our guests

5.jpg

3.jpg

I didnt wear makeup so minerva just did my hair and i was scared my curls were too tight but good thing they were since the humidity and the breeze loosened them right up...PS ..ICK!! dont get too tan like me!!

see..bye bye curls

6.jpg

we had a HUGE crowd of ppl staring from every direction....i was super nervouse esp. since i didnt write my vows until 20 minutes before the ceremony and i am seriously camera shy and speaking in public is not my favorite thing to do

7.jpg

my groom is great at playing it cool ...notice the hair slowly going back to my usual pin straight-ness

8.jpg

I made sugar toppers for our cake...the grooms suit WAS gray like the real thing but it faded from the sun...i made a mini version of my wedding dress and our dog who couldnt come to mexico

10.jpg

I jumped in the pool...my groom followed and everyone freaked out because of the dress but hey...its your wedding day DO WHAT YOU WANT 

WE just returned from 2 weeks at Le Blanc and our wedding was June 3, we had about 30 guests with us and it was AMAZING!!!!! I knew it would be and it was....Our on site planner was amazing...Sandra Prieto deserves more than I could ever giver her!! We were her last wedding at Le Blanc as she has been promoted and relocated to another resort!!!! She made everything perfect and was with us all day to cue important moments and coordinate everything from the I Do's to the last dance!! Here are some pointers

1. Silvia in the Miami office is very new (she told me she just started) and has soooo much incorrect information and do remember her job is in wedding sales so she is there to help you with planning but to also show you options to add on to your exixting package...It was a difficult start to the planning process and while Silvia was very quick to reply and as helpful as possible there were very many miscommunications and incorrect info. They did try to charge the $500 vendor fee but we booked our DJ (DJ MANNIA) and LA LUNA PHOTOGRAPHERS (DEL SOL) [AMAZING BY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN DREAMING TO WORK WITH DEL SOL SINCE WE DECIDED ON A DESTINATION WEDDING]...anyway we booked them a year ago and i had the OK from YESENIA to have them come on property for just the day pass fees per person.

2. OUR TRAVEL AGENT CAROL PECK. God Bless her she coordinated and arranged all our travel needs for 30 guests! everything was perfect! YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY work with her for your destination wedding or honeymoon or any trip!!!! You can email her at CarolP@allabouthoneymoons.com!! and tell her LAUREN & ANDREW sent you!

3. The resort is perfect, we are New Yorkers and have high expectations and have been to many nice and not so nice resorts but Le Blanc is #1 in Cancun for a reason so know you all made the right decision in choosing Le Blanc. I love the all white, Miami feel and wanted an all white wedding and they were perfect. Luxurious and wonderful!

4. Wedding stuff ... everyone there was amazing the restaurants were delicious and we ate filet mignon every night (really we did and sushi and everything else..i gained a husband and 8 lbs!! haha). the restaurants dont take reservations but I asked if we could arrange for a welcome dinner/gathering and they accomodated 30 of us with a special menu, beautifully decorated tables and everything was perfect!! Another night we asked to arrange for the 30 of us to eat together again and we had 3 birthdays to celebrate and again they took care of us! Treated like we were guests in their own home!!

I brought tons of gifts and welcome bags and parasols for the beach, maracas, starfish, etc and almost had a problem bringing it into mexico since customs was concerned that we were bringing too much merchandise to mexico...bring receipts (which i did not do) but i was lucky and was as nice as possible and used my years of spanish lessons to work it out...Sandra my coordinator took all of my stuff including guest book with poloroid, place cards table cards EVERYTHING even fans and bags of rose petals and put EVERYTHING into place...all of it was perfect!!

THERE WAS ONE MINOR INCIDENT...WELL IT WAS A GRANDE INCIDENT...we were supposed to be married on the sand and reception at the gazebo terrace however we woke up the morning of the wedding and there was a HUGE i mean HUGE tent being built directly on the beach blocking the beautiful view we dreamed of....I was a bit angry at first since noone let us know about the event (which turned out to be a fashion show and concert which we were invited to later that week which was fabulous) being so massive BUT i realized what was important was being in this beautiful place and the ppl i loved and i told my hubby to do whatever he thought and make all the decisions and i went to the spa for the day...he ended up moving the ceremony to the other side of the beach and they closed the terrace upstairs overlooking the beach (which is normally a restaurant and a club/bar. They closed it for our wedding until our party was over and it ended up being even better than we couldve imagined...poor sandra was so worried it was going to rain all day but it was fine, a bit gray and cloudy but perfect. Food was perfect DJ was good OUR PHOTOGRAPHERS WERE AMAZING...Jonathan and Melissa from La Luna/Del Sol were like part of our crazy family and they were a pleasure!! we already miss them!!! Everything was great and we ended the night by me jumping in the pool in full wedding gear!!

Salon...i did a hair and makeup trial with Minerva in the spa and she was so sweet and great!!! i wanted natural and beachy messy curls/waves...the trial was great and she did my makeup beautifully but i decided to not wear any makeup at all for the wedding day but she did do my hair and mani/pedi...FUTURE BRIDES if you think your hair will stay nice for any outdoor ceremony and party think again...i wasnt worried about it but my curls/waves lasted through 20 minutes of ceremony and then i was a hot mess but i didnt care at all!!

Spa is amazing use those resort credits!!!!! use the credits for the gift shop, tequila and the Aqua world excursion...So fun with a big group!!

Im sure ive missed many topics but in the end you will all be happy just go with the flow (which in my everyday life i could BEVER do) and enjoy...your in paradise with all your friends and family marrying the guy of your dreams....who cares if there is a giant tent in the way, or it drizzles, or if something is out of place or your hair is frizzy or you drank the pool bar out over dos equis and tecate lite and don julio....they can always re-stock and the party continues...if you have any questions pls message me!!!

oh yea i forgot to mention the officiant who married us (it was just a civil ceremony but noone knew that) was this funny old man and at the end of our vows he pronounced us Mr & Mrs McCord...we still have no clue who the McCords are but we thought it was sooooo funny!!!

also if you could hire your own photographer...the package i chose included one but we wanted great, photo journalistic style photos and del sol is THE BEST!!!

I am attaching some photos...on includes a photo of sandra the coordinator i wish she would still be there for all you future brides she is incredibly GREAT at her job!! I work in the field as a wedding cake designer and pastry chef so i deal with a lot of weddings and she is a true professional!!! PS the wedding cake Le Blanc made was delicious I made the toppers and brought them to mexico they were made out of sugar so they did melt and change color a bit but its all in fun!!1.jpg this was our sertup PERFECTION EXACTLY WHAT WE WANTED

our beautiful setup

2.jpg

i brought the parasols for our guests

5.jpg

3.jpg

I didnt wear makeup so minerva just did my hair and i was scared my curls were too tight but good thing they were since the humidity and the breeze loosened them right up...PS ..ICK!! dont get too tan like me!!

4.jpg

see..bye bye curls

6.jpg

we had a HUGE crowd of ppl staring from every direction....i was super nervouse esp. since i didnt write my vows until 20 minutes before the ceremony and i am seriously camera shy and speaking in public is not my favorite thing to do

7.jpg

my groom is great at playing it cool 

8.jpg

I made sugar toppers for our cake...the grooms suit WAS gray like the real thing but it faded from the sun...i made a mini version of my wedding dress and our dog who couldnt come to mexico

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies!!! My wedding was on 6-2-2012 at Le Blanc and everything was absolutely perfect!!!! The first resort review done was definitely in line with what you should expect!!!! Doing a destination wedding there was the best decision we ever made!!! You won't be disappointed!!! As far as the outside vendor fees...they will work with you. I was able to bring my photographer from home (Atlanta, GA). I was told that he had to stay at a palace resort and we would have to pay for a daypass. So we put him at Beach Palace bc it was cheaper than LeBlanc and close. We had to pay $81 for the discounted day pass. It was worth it! But there are ways to get around the fees!! Inbox me for details or if you just have questions in general. :-)

Hi all.  I am getting married 11/22/12 and am experiencing a lot of frustration in planning.  I was switched wedding coordinators out of the Miami office like 6 times.  My latest was Silvia and she gave me absolutely no more information than the standard wedding brochure (and made me feel dumb for asking).  I've requested more information about vendors/pricing, and cermony/reception location, onsite photographer (since they are making it really unaffordable to get our own).  Instead of sending me anything, Silvia just sent me an email saying that as of July 1st, everything for weddings will be handled by the wedding office in Cancun instead...??  Still no answers and supposedly someone from Cancun is supposed to contact me in the next few weeks.  Since getting a hold of anyone so far out of the wedding dept has been so hard (it has always taken them sooo long replying to emails or phone calls, not to mention I never really get my questions answered) I have little faith that I will be contacted anytime soon...  Anyone else having trouble with them?  I would think for how much money my guests and I are spending I would have a little more peace of mind.  If anyone has anymore details about vendors/pricing ect I would LOVE to get it from you...  Has anyone had a good experience with the onsite DJ/musicians/photographer ect?  Also, what locations are you choosing for the ceremony/reception?  I was leaning toward gazebo wedding and one of the terraces for reception (I won't be visiting the resort before the wedding).  THANK YOU!!!!

Hi Amber,

They are probably giving you a little bit of the cold shoulder since your wedding is "so far out."  Technically they don't work with you until 3 months before.  I got little information except picking my locations/ times and some other standard things before the 3 month mark, and really had to push.  Call them if they don't answer emails.  Hassle them until they reply.

Strange that Cancun is the new process...they told me 3 months before or 1 month before I would start engaging with the onsite wedding coordinator and everything before that would be through Palace Resorts.  I dealt with Yesenia and Silvia at the end.

I chose the Gazebo and Terrace (rooftop).  I visited the resort and got to see all the spots in person, so let me know if you have any questions.  The gazebo is absolutely beautiful and exactly what I was looking for since I didn't want to get married directly on the beach.

For vendor pricing for flowers, decorations, etc - it's expensive! I didn't start doing any of that until 3 months before but I had saved pictures of everything I wanted and sent them the list so they could start the price quote.  We went back and forth on ways to reduce the pricing, but have everything lined up before.  I didn't use the onsite photographer, but I do have a music pricing list if you want to see?

Hi! I am having my wedding May 25th 2013 and was also working with Silvia as well. She told me the same thing that everything is being transferred to Cancun. I definitely felt a bit stressed since she told me I probably won't hear from anyone for a couple months. This probably means longer especially since they are transferring all the info over rhere I honestly think that we do have plenty of time but it would be nice to know who we can contact if we have any initial questions. Silvia sent me a bunch of attachments with longgggg lists of food to choose from but wasnt really specific as to if it was for the Buffett option or plates meals. Just a bit confusing. She didn't say anything about picking specific vendors for pictures or the DJ. She just gave me a basic email but with only what the resort offers- I didn't know we could pick diff vendors outside of the resort? Is that what u are trying to do? I am still in the beginning stages with everything but just sent out my save the dates today. I just hope someone from cancun reaches out within the next 2 months just so I know they are there for any initial questions. Let me know when you hear and I'll do the same!!! Good luck!!

Just to share information, I do also know that the wonderful on site wedding coordinator Sandra Prieto received a promotion and will now be moving over to Moon Palace. But I know that there will be very capable WCs working with the couples in the upcoming months.

One of the very best things about Le Blanc is the on site service and level of attention is remarkable.

Know that all of your details will be taken care of!

If I can answer anything or assist any Le Blanc Brides just let me know!

Regards,

TA  Wendy

Ladies,

Good luck to those planning upcoming weddings at Le Blanc.  Fortunately, we were one of the last couples to work with Sandra Prieto and our wedding was on 06/23/2012.  However, I will say that my wedding and experience at Le Blanc was NOT at all in line with the stories told and not what I imagined before arriving.  I will post the positive as well as the negative along with photos and unfortunately the NEGATIVE triumphed.  I hope that none of you experience what myself and my new husband had to endure at Le Blanc.  It was like being in the twilight zone!!!  The rooms were flooding with water.  The morning of my wedding the ceiling in one of the Govenor's Suites collapsed from prior water damaged and began leaking water into the Bathroom.  Thank god I was not in the bathtub at that exact moment!  Please keep in mind this was the 3rd or 4th room that they moved us to due to their water issues.  The ballrooms and hallways that lead to the ballrooms were flooded and reeked of mildew and disgust.  The resort has buckets every where and towels to keep rain from coming in through sealed windows.  There were buckets in the lobby and all over the resort catching water from the rain.  The elevators got shut down because they were flooded and the middle elevator did not reopen until 2 days later.  The resort tried to tell us that these issues were due to a "tropical storm" but mind you it was just normal rain happening while we were there.  The water cut off in the hotel one morning while we were showering to leave for a tour and when it finally came back on it exploded with brown waste that came out of the faucets.  This is just a taste of the things that we experienced.  We will be writing a FULL review to post on Trip Advisor and trust me we have the photos and video to back up everything that happened.  After experiencing Le Blanc in person I do not believe at all that this is a five-diamond resort and hope that no other bride experiences even half of the things that were out of order while we were there.  Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.