Photo

The Garter

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:34 AM

Had a conversation with the lovely FI last night about the garter toss.  I personally DO NOT want to do this, I am really not looking forward to having him under my dress in front of everyone.  Also, because it is a destination wedding  most people are traveling with companions so there will be very few singles so I do not really see the point. 

Is anyone else keeping the garter toss and bouquet toss in?

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#2 Sharon99

Sharon99
    • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

hmm I honestly havent thought about this yet. I will probably just do it for the heck of it & make it fun. Curious as to how many others do or dont do this as well.

#3 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
      • 995 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:06 AM

i'm not sure if i'll do either one but...i'll have a garter...mine will likely be a sports themed garter since my fiance is a maniacal Baltimore Ravens fan..i kinda like the idea of giving the bouquet to the 'wife' of the oldest couple in attendance..or maybe a grandmother of the couple, etc...since it is destination..i think 'anything goes'...    R~

#4 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
        • 210 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:29 AM

I didn't even think about giving the bouquet to the oldest couple in attendance, that is nice. 

I still don't know how I'm going to get over my embarrassment that my FI is going up my dress.  I know him, he's going in head first

#5 Sharon99

Sharon99
          • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:32 AM

LOL just have a few cocktails to relax!!

#6 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
            • 210 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

Duh!! Totally forgot about the free-flowing alcohol....I will be just fine :)

#7 celticgirl

celticgirl
              • 266 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:17 AM

I think I am doing a bouquet and garter toss, but we have over 20 singles! Let me know what you end up deciding, the free flowing booze should come in handy

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
                January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#8 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
                • 210 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

You have 20 singles?  Sorry to be nosy but just wondering, are they getting single rooms or are in bunking together?

I have a few singles who are kind of dragging their feet on booking their rooms because they don't know what to do.

#9 ssapper

ssapper
                  • 182 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

Were going to do both but rather than inviting just singles well invite everyone to try and catch the bouquet/garter. We've also decided to attach gift cards (maybe to the spa for the girls and a round of golf for the boys) to entice people to try and catch them!! This way we get the traditional and fun moment but its not awkward for guests!

#10 celticgirl

celticgirl
                    • 266 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

What we did was we sent out RSVP's, and for any of the singles that RSVP'd we kind of grouped together and sent out messages telling them that if they want to save a few bucks (it was 400 less to bunk up with someone) that they could room with someone else, really, how long do you spend in your room when your at your tropical paradise?? Everyone asked to be bunked with someone if there was room, we even had  groups tripple up.  We grouped people with similar interests and went from there, most of ours knew someone in the "singles" pool so that made it easy as well.

Originally Posted by MoBayBride2B 

You have 20 singles?  Sorry to be nosy but just wondering, are they getting single rooms or are in bunking together?

I have a few singles who are kind of dragging their feet on booking their rooms because they don't know what to do.

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
                      January 7th, 2012

63 booked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users