Photo

Mrstgun's Planning Updates (Pic Heavy - FINAL Planning Post - Page 65, Post 642)

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

#291 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:29 AM

Never in a million years would I have thought of this.... may be needing some starfish now.  What size are yours?  Where did you get them?  I am thinking for our placecards.....

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

good morning, ladies!

now that my OOT/welcome bags are pretty much done...just gotta assemble them...which i'm doing...five down...10 more to go.

today, i plan on focusing on my decor.  i'm absolutely obsessed with shades of purple and platinum/silver...with a little black thrown in for good measure.  most of my decorations will be in the purple and platinum colors..so today, i'm dyeing starfish...

yes, ladies..dyeing starfish.  i bought some white starfish here on BDW.com and well, since everything has to COOOOORRRRDDDDIIIIINNNNNNAAAATTTTEEEEE...they simply had to be dyed...here's a look at what i did...

starfish dye III.JPGstarfish dye IV.JPG

its pretty simple..i used wilton food coloring..followed the directions on the box for dyeing easter eggs and voila...my starfish are now a beautiful shade of purple.

ok, that's it from here...

until next time, happy planning!!

R~

#292 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
    • 594 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Quick question for you ladies...what time are you guys having your ceremony at the Suites?

#293 beachbum21

beachbum21
      • 438 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

I love the starfish! I'll be using them for place cards but will leave them as is, I love that you coordinated :) Where did you get your starfish? I bought some off of another bride and she was very kind enough to pick up some extras at a shop in the US. Can't wait to get them! They're fake too which is perfect!

#294 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

Where did she get hers??  I am doing them for place cards as well but not sure where to find them!

Originally Posted by beachbum21 

I love the starfish! I'll be using them for place cards but will leave them as is, I love that you coordinated :) Where did you get your starfish? I bought some off of another bride and she was very kind enough to pick up some extras at a shop in the US. Can't wait to get them! They're fake too which is perfect!

#295 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
          • 594 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

I am using starfish as well for place cards. I purchased mine from the Christmas Tree Shop!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Where did she get hers??  I am doing them for place cards as well but not sure where to find them!

#296 beachbum21

beachbum21
            • 438 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:28 AM

Same as island girl, the Christmas tree shop, in the US.

#297 Skygirl

Skygirl
              • 512 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

I think Christmass Tree Shop selles starfish in the bag that they sell

#298 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                • 995 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

hello ladies!

i bought ALL of my starfish from two BDW brides..not sure of the size...one batch (the one i dyed) are real..and one batch (i spray painted those) are fake...some of my starfish are quite large..probably 5 inches and then the others are small...2 to 3 inches...

i've seen them all over though...ross, marshalls, etc..i don't think we have an xmas store here..but i'll be on the lookout from now on.

i'm not doing placecards as i want my guests to sit where they want..but i love the idea of using them as placecards..one other thing you might consider is attaching a magnet to the back with a dob of glue and voila..not only will they serve as placecards but then they can become a refrigerator magnet..a nice reminder of the great time folks had at your wedding in paradise.  ;-)  i'm pretty sure i'll be doing that for some of mine..which will be given with our welcome packets upon check-in at the hotel.

until next time, happy planning!!!

R~

#299 kkimi88

kkimi88
                  • 222 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

one other thing you might consider is attaching a magnet to the back with a dob of glue and voila..not only will they serve as placecards but then they can become a refrigerator magnet..a nice reminder of the great time folks had at your wedding in paradise.  ;-) 

This is a brilliant idea! I'm not using starfish at all, but now I kinda wish I was. I wouldn't have even thought of that- so simple but such a lovely thought! Great! Loving seeing your new additions too, R. Looking amazing as always! x

#300 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                    • 995 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

kkimi88...

thanks, girlie..starfish are a fairly inexpensive way to add to the 'beachy vibe'...plus they serve so many purposes...

what part of the UK do you live in??  i lived in the cotswolds in the late 80s....loved it!!!

until next time, happy planning!!

R~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users