• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ahuggenv

ahuggenv
  • Site Supporter
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am so excited for my November wedding at the Royal playa del carmen.  Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the resorts wedding photography.  We are trying to decide if we should use their photographers or if we should look for other vendors.  Also, If you have or are planning to use outside photographers, does the resort charge you for that?

Thanks!  

#2 royalbride610

royalbride610
    • 172 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

I don't know much about the resort's wedding photographers, but I've heard that they don't do anything special.  My friend got married at Royal PDC and she said they had a very basic camera and the pictures were very posed looking. 

I got married at the Royal Cancun & I used Juan Navarro.  The policy when I booked was a $350 vendor fee.  Now, I believe, it is the $350 vendor fee, plus a day pass.  If you choose an outside vendor, it will probably be cheaper to book him/her a room either at the Royal or the Gran Porto Real (if you do this make sure it is in the room category where they will have access to the Royal or else you won't be able to take your pictures there and they won't be allowed in your room).  

Hope this helps!  Good luck & congrats!

#3 ahuggenv

ahuggenv
      • Site Supporter
      • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:33 AM

Thank you for response. I was worried about all of the photos looking "posed".  It seems like it may be worth it look outside the resort.  I hope you had a great wedding!  We stayed at the Royal Cancun and absolutely loved it!  We were torn between the two and it was a tough decision.  I'm sure we will be happy with the Royal in Playa.  Thanks again and congats!

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
        • 3,074 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! The last couple times I worked at The Royal PDC... we were only required to show our ID and working papers at the security office and got a visitors pass to shoot the wedding for the day! Previous to this... we were required to have a day pass for $100.

Best of luck! The Royal PDC is a great place to shoot and very picturesque! Here is a link to our last couple weddings there in May 2011.

Wedding 1

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150206092334487.326345.18683524486

Wedding 2

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150172325404487.315856.18683524486

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                              100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users