DIY Sand Ceremony Frame

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 jennastar

• 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Is the picture inside the shadow frame or outside and are you able to change it out?

#42 tndrheart

• Site Supporter
    • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by jennastar 

Is the picture inside the shadow frame or outside and are you able to change it out?

I was wondering the same thing...we are leaving this Wednesday for Moon Palace Cancun, and still haven't even started our frame!

#43 L2475

• Site Supporter
      • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Just wondering how the frame worked out during your wedding and traveling home with it, I am thinking of making one but am not all the crafty so

it worries me a bit

Would love to hear how it worked out, nice job though it looks pefect

Leigh Ann

#44 negritadr

• 205 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

That's really nice, I was thinking of purchasing my which is over $60, but maybe I'll give this one a try first.  Thanks.

#45 CafeDelMar21

• 130 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

So I tried making my own and was having issues because i didn't get a frame with two glasses. Make sure you do that if you want to DIY.

My soon-to-be mother-in-law bought me a really nice frame for my bridal shower, so I am just going to be using that :) Good luck!

#46 mimiq

• 184 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

This is a great idea!  Might try my hand at making one!

#47 MsKenyaF

• 159 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

#48 Kay6356

• 543 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
                • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

I really like this, never would of thought of this! I'm definitely going to try this out! Thanks for sharing

#49 trivera5521

• 470 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Awesome thread considering I just about hit the purchase button on a $65 frame!! So I noticed most of you guys had pics that you used and then put the sand in. I know the question was asked but I dont recall seeing an answer posted. We would like to use a wedding picture for the frame and of cours would need to swap the pics out once the sand is already in. Sooo....having a hard time visualizing how that would work out??

Ladies? Did anyone who DIY change the picture after the sand was already in it???

#50 jszy10

• 1,192 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

So sorry I never answered anyone!!  The picture was glued to the inside of the glass using a clear glue stick around the edges.  Then the whole frame was sealed with caulking.  The only opening I had was the drilled hole in the top to put the sand in, which we plugged when we got home.  We carried it back in our carry on with no problems!

Hope this helps!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users