• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ckrn

ckrn
  • Site Supporter
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:07 AM

HI,

I just recently got engaged last Saturday in Tulum.  It was the most romantic proposals I could of ever imagined!  I'm so excited to start planning our DW.  We have always talked about one day getting married in Riviera Maya.  Right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and confused.  I've always wanted to get married at Secrets Maroma.  However I'm worried about the cost of the hotel for my guests. We loved Tulum, and a wedding would be beautiful there as well.  We are hoping for a date in late April 2012 or Early May 2012, because that's when low season starts.  We have traveling to Playa del Carmen twice and now Tulum.  I've been lurking on this forum ever since we got back, and I've already learned so much!

Cassie

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

Welcome and congrats on your engagement!!  For us the hardest part was to pick a location and a resort.  We looked at tons of places in Mexico, Dominican, and other carribean islands.  Cost was a main issue for us as we didnt want it to cost to much money for our guests yet we still wanted to get married at a decent resort.  I would suggest talking with a travel agent and maybe she can help you narrow it down.  We also made a list of what was important to us, such as free wedding, size of resort, things to do at a resort, all inclusive vs non all inclusive.  We used that to further narrow it down to about 5 resorts.  The travel agent provided us with prices of those and we chose our resort.  Once we chose our resort things seemed to become much easier!  Happy planning:)

#3 JQLong

JQLong
    • 336 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

HI,

I just recently got engaged last Saturday in Tulum.  It was the most romantic proposals I could of ever imagined!  I'm so excited to start planning our DW.  We have always talked about one day getting married in Riviera Maya.  Right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and confused.  I've always wanted to get married at Secrets Maroma.  However I'm worried about the cost of the hotel for my guests. We loved Tulum, and a wedding would be beautiful there as well.  We are hoping for a date in late April 2012 or Early May 2012, because that's when low season starts.  We have traveling to Playa del Carmen twice and now Tulum.  I've been lurking on this forum ever since we got back, and I've already learned so much!

Cassie

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#4 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
      • Vendor
      • 323 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

Welcome!

Congratulations on your engagement!

The Mayan Riviera is an amazing location.

You can check this out: http://www.bestdesti...on#post_1606752

Best of luck,

#5 Avelyad

Avelyad
        • 156 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

Congratulations! Picking the resort was the hardest part, but it gets easier after that in comparison to planning an at home to-do! Good luck

#6 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
          • 995 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

congratulations and welcome to BDW.com...the destination bride's most useful online tool!  you'll be glad you joined the 'revolution'...  there's sooooo much info, insight, tips and tidbits...so, make yourself at home and enjoy the ride!  happy planning!!!    R~

#7 Maritza919

Maritza919
            • 421 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:54 AM

Congratulations and welcome! This website is so helpful. There'll be plenty of people here to help. Enjoy the planning!

#8 ssapper

ssapper
              • 182 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

HI Cassie!! Congrats and Welcome! we had the hardest time picking a resort/date, this site was so helpful with that. I just started making a list of must haves and acceptable price ranges and went from there. My Fiance and I have never been to the Riviera Maya/Cancun area of Mexico so we are really flying blind, but i feel so relaxed/confident in our decision due to this board and the wonderful ladies on it. Im sure youll find the perfect resort... I also found that it helped to look at lots of wedding photographer sites to get an idea of each of the resorts! Good luck!

#9 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

and congratulations!!!!!  You have definitely come to the right place, just like the rest of us!!! I suggest getting a fantastic Travel Agent who specializes in Destination weddings to help you out!!! This was definitely a big part of the initial planning and so so important.  Once you choose the resort you will be smooth sailing, the hardest part hands down!!! 

Best of luck and happy planning 

#10 LandG

LandG
                  • 152 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

Congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users