Crys- AND OTHER RIU PALACE BRIDES (see below for email from RIU WC)
Kylene told me the same thing. Not sure if that is who emailed you. I think we need to all organize together and complain, I've read different reviews of weddings and the good and bad all came down to 1 thing...the WC, not the resort or anything else, just WC. But at the same time where does that get us but more stressed and the WC hating us and making our special days horrible.
Right now I only have 35 guests. I know I don't want the beach cause, as pretty as it is, its messy, and if anywhere lights are needed, that is one!!
I am wondering how they let us use the terrace on the Don Julio or San jose and let us have dancing/DJ, seems like it would be too loud. But that is what the email she sent me says I can do, plus it lets us keep the menu food and not need to go per person.
Crys- You are having such a unique wedding, so different than the average, a gorgeous resort, your guests do not know the different options that are (or not) available to you, they will be amazed at what you have, if you focus on what you cant have they will too but if you are confident in what you get, they wont even know any different. Very few have ever gone to such a elaborate event like your wedding, you wont disappoint anyone. Don't let this get to you, its Mexico, you know they do things much more layed back than we do, I cant imagine all the BRIDES they have stressed out.
HERE IS AN EMAIL FROM WC FOR ALL TO STUDY FOR OPTIONS, HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS:
Sorry for not answering back before. We've been really busy with weddings taking place in site right now.
We start working with brides 2 months or month and a half before the wedding day. I'll answer your questions right now, and I'll send some information for you to begin studying everything. We do not book places until we are getting near the date, this is due to operational matters, but you still will have an idea of what you can use or do for that day.
1. We are not able to have DJ or music on the semi private dinners which are offered on our wedding packages. I you wish to have music for your reception dinner and reading you are having a group of 40 people, I can recommend the San Jose Terrace which you can rent for $500.00 USD for one sitting, or $1,000.00 for both sittings.
You may also have the beach or the Baja Norte Terrace for a $500.00 USD site fee, but here you would have to pay for a private menu per person, against the San Jose Terrace, where you may have the restaurant's menu.
2. I'm attaching the file for private places for you to study, to close a whole restaurant we need at least 60 people for the $1,800.00 USD site fee. If you don't have that quantity of guests, the San Jose, the Don Julio Terraces, the Baja Norte, the Beach or the English Garden can work.
3. For ceremonies, we offer 3 different places: the beach, the San Jose Gazebo and the Spa Gazebo. I personally don't offer the Spa Gazebo, since it is just besides the Santa Fe pool, and is very noisy. San Jose Gazebo is very private and quiet. The beach is a nice place, but you have the guests of the Baja Norte pool watching the entire ceremony. (I'm attaching some pictures)
4. For the spa (makeup, hair, etc) please contact Paula Casas from Renova Spa, she will be able to assist you to confirm appointments: email@example.com
For Mango Productions (photo and video packages) you can contact Daniela Buenrostro: firstname.lastname@example.org
For DJ information give me sometime to give you the information, the vendor we work with has told me about staff changing and I'm waiting on who will be in charge of working with Riu as contact for information for our events.
5. Our packages offer 2 flower medallions which are used on the ceremony set up, and then they are used on the ceremony set up. Packages include the brides bouquet and the grooms boutonnier. Flowers included on packages are: roses, lilies, gerbers, stargazers, and some others depending on the season. We do not offer any other kind of decoration. If you want to bring things to decor your reception dinner or the ceremony, you may bring all items, and we'll help you with the set up.
Kylene Valle Operations Manager Gerente Operaciones Meetings, Incentives & Social Events
11/5/11 RIU PALACE BRIDE