RIU PALACE LOS CABOS BRIDES APRIL 2012?? POST HERE!!

Katie, I feel so rude , I didn't even respond to you!

I am from Alberta, Canada, that is so awesome that we are 4 days apart. We will definetely have to meet for a drink while we are both there!

How is your planning going? Have you had any more bookings ? We are at about 60 right now and it should stay right about there.

Well keep in touch !

Michelle

Originally Posted by Katieharv View Post

I'm flying down on the 14th, wedding on the 21st - wow our weddings are only 4days apart!
We are thinking we will have around 60, but we haven't even sent the invites out so it's tough to guess! We have about 30 booked so far.
We are from LA, how about you?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Ladies,

We are putting together our webinar schedule for BDW.  These webinars are great because not only can you get YOUR questions answered but also hear answers to questions from other brides that you may not have even though of :)

Webinars are a great way to not only hear directly from the wedding department but see the wedding packages that they offer, ceremony/reception pics, etc.

I try to only limit the webinars to once every 2 weeks so we of course can not do all resorts.

Please vote on which resorts you would like to have webinars on...you can choose more than 1.

Vote for your Resort Webinar HERE

Hi there ladies! Our weddings are right around the corner! I am getting so nervous. I just started communicating with Kylene the coordinator but it has been minimal and long spans in between. The form that they send you to plan with is so general that I had so many questions. I am having the ceremony at the San Jose Gazebo at 4 and we rented the Baja Norte for our reception. We are doing per person dinner ($44/person) as well. I am nervous about the DJ, ceremony music and photographer bc in the states those are so important yet they have yet to be discussed. How is your planning coming along?

Hey wedcabo! Wow your wedding is coming quick! Mine isn't till May 12, but I'm getting nervous too! Are you speaking to your coordinator yet? I would think you should start getting all the details for the photo and dj soon. I see you have picked out your menu for the Baja Norte already. Do you have the 2012 menu? If so can you send it to me please? Kary_przybylo@hotmail.com As far as the dj I think we are going to try to use the resort one, and like you said, I Just hope he is good! I am hoping Crys or Michelle can let us know what they thought of him. How are the rest of your plans going?

No problem Mishele! Hope everyone had a good holiday! We are up to 40 now inching up to our 60... right on the borderline of being able to do a private event at the steakhouse so I am getting a little nervous! Maybe I should consider a back up plan if I can't get up to my 60! Baja Norte might be a good option - Kary had the great idea of being able to hang paper lanterns on the light strings they hang from the palm trees... I'm a little unnerved trying to put a backup plan together... Charliegirl - just saw we are booked on the same day! How exciting! Maybe we will see your crowd at the discotech after the receptions:) WedCabo - I've only heard about 1 bad riu DJ experience- the rest have been good. I'm planning on doing the DJ and bringing a loaded iPod just in case. I think the riu refunded the DJ money for the gal that had a bad experience too. That is exciting that you already are working with your WC...even though the communication is slow:(

No problem Mishele! Hope everyone had a good holiday! We are up to 40 now inching up to our 60... right on the borderline of being able to do a private event at the steakhouse so I am getting a little nervous! Maybe I should consider a back up plan if I can't get up to my 60! Baja Norte might be a good option - Kary had the great idea of being able to hang paper lanterns on the light strings they hang from the palm trees... I'm a little unnerved trying to put a backup plan together... Charliegirl - just saw we are booked on the same day! How exciting! Maybe we will see your crowd at the discotech after the receptions:) WedCabo - I've only heard about 1 bad riu DJ experience- the rest have been good. I'm planning on doing the DJ and bringing a loaded iPod just in case. I think the riu refunded the DJ money for the gal that had a bad experience too. That is exciting that you already are working with your WC...even though the communication is slow:(

Hey WedCabo, you must getting so excited for your big day!! Only a few months away!   Did Kylene give you the 2012 menu yet? if so how does it look?  Did they give you any details abuot the DJ service and if you can meet with them prior to your wedding? Has there been any changes from 2011  in general?

How many people did you have for a final number?  Are you all done your planning? Well keep in touch and keep us posted :)

Hi everyone, im new to this, but love all the feed back. Just a few questions, the Baja Norte is poolside right? Im trying to decide between there and the Don Juilo Terrace with beachside dance floor. Have yall heard which one is better or cost difference? Someone said you cant have music at a semi private event?

Hey Israelson, the Baja Norte is pool side .  That is the venue I am choosing, I haven't looked into the terrace with the dance floor , but if you skim back through some recent pictures of Riu Palace brides , I know a bride named Crys had her wedding there with the beach dance floor and she posted some pictures , it shouldnt be too far back because her wedding was only a few months ago!

Kary, have you got the new 2012 menu yet? I am anxious to hear from the coordinator as the wedding date is just about 3 months away.

Hey Girls! 

I did contact Adriana on a few things, and the 2012 menu is one of them.  I will post it as soon as she sends it to me.

Any of you actually having your civil ceremony in Mexico?  I read in the docs somewhere that you have to get your birth certificates translated and apostiled (?)...So do we just make a copy of our birth certificate and write all of our info in Spanish next to it?  Is there a form that the WC gives us for this?  I know that I read you can get it apostiled at the Secretary of State. 

So what is everyone bringing down there for decorations?  Has anyone got in touch with the dj, or is that something that the WC will set up for you?  Any of you know if we get charged for going with a different florist? 

Sorry for all of the questions!  I am just getting so excited!!!