HELP!! NEW AND DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START

cbandemer

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the exact same boat! I am totally overwhelmed. Just two days ago I started doubting if I made the right decision to want a DW. More than anything, I dont want to be a financial burden on our friends and family. 

We are looking at Feb 2013 and I am hoping it all works out. We decided on Mexico because it seems the most affordable, but after reading some replies on here I am wondering if we should have looked into Jamaica.  

Are Jamaica and Mexico the same ball park price wise? My requirements are simply; a beautiful beach and my family and close friends be there. SO we are pretty flexible with location. 

If anyone has any recommendations, I would really appreciate it. I am on this site for hours at a time. FH has actually made me turn off the computer bc he sees my head spinning from all the info I am taking in!! 

One thing that helped us decide on a location was when we realized that you can make almost any place work for your budget if you are willing to make compromises. If you have your heart set on a more exotic location that costs alot to fly to then you might have to settle for only a 3 day visit. If you want a longer trip then you might have to sacrifice going the ever popular all-inclusive route and rent a large cottage or bungalow with a group of people and make your own food. For us great food and service was most important so we chose a resort chain that is known for both and picked from among their locations. Make a list of your "must haves" and stick to them, you'll find the right place.

Originally Posted by adcurlz View Post

I am in the exact same boat! I am totally overwhelmed. Just two days ago I started doubting if I made the right decision to want a DW. More than anything, I dont want to be a financial burden on our friends and family. 

We are looking at Feb 2013 and I am hoping it all works out. We decided on Mexico because it seems the most affordable, but after reading some replies on here I am wondering if we should have looked into Jamaica.  

Are Jamaica and Mexico the same ball park price wise? My requirements are simply; a beautiful beach and my family and close friends be there. SO we are pretty flexible with location. 

If anyone has any recommendations, I would really appreciate it. I am on this site for hours at a time. FH has actually made me turn off the computer bc he sees my head spinning from all the info I am taking in!! 

Newbie here!

We are looking into an August wedding 2012. We can't seem to decide if Punta Cana or Riviera Maya will be the one. What has been experience in either location? Weather in August?

August/September is hurricane season in cancun. I vacationed there in august a few years back and it was windy and down pouring. The beaches were closed due to huge swells. I will say, we still had an absolutely amazing time but if ur considering your wedding there. Keep tha in mind. Happy planning

Ya ditto for Dominican, the brutal heat of the summer is breaking around then which is nice but it rains approx. 75% of the time and HARD. You'd have better luck bumping it up a month to July (it's really hot but not as much rain) or wait til October.

Originally Posted by Cocobride17 View Post

Newbie here!

We are looking into an August wedding 2012. We can't seem to decide if Punta Cana or Riviera Maya will be the one. What has been experience in either location? Weather in August?

i agree with you in the not able to see where to start! lol i have found one resort that is scattered across mexico, which is dreams resorts and spa. they are a fully inclusive resort and have tons to offer. one of my friends got married at dreams cancun and it was absolutely amazing! that is one of the only locations i think that has dolphines. also my fi and i are looking to have ours at dreams tulum! just look at their site and see the amazing picts!! have fun and congrats again!

• 2 weeks later...

Yay, now the fun stuff can begin! Congrats on picking your resort!

Originally Posted by cbandemer View Post

SO I PICKED THE DREAMS AND HAVE EVERYTHING BOOKED. IT FEELS SOO GOOD TO ACTUALLY HAVE THE BALL COMPLETELY ROLLING. SAVE THE DATES ARE EVEN OUT. I AM SOOO RELIEVED smile159.gif