Photo

Teething

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 celticgirl

celticgirl
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

Well, I figured I might as well start a thread, seeing how there is barely anything else going on in here.  We all know teething is probably one of the hardest things on our little ones.... So, maybe we could share some teething remedies???

I have a 6 month old and he has been teething for 3 months.. still has not broke through, it has been aweful watching him go through this!! I have tried a tylenol advil combination, Cold facecloths, freezies, teething rings, and alot more... The only thing I havent tried, because im a little nervous about it is Camilla... It has a herb Belladona in it, which is actually very dangerous... It can be lethal...

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
    January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#2 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
    • 923 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:13 AM

Sad to say he'll keep going through it...all the things your trying are exactly what you should do... It's kinda like menstrual cramps and acne- something painful you just have to get through... other than what I saw you wrote I also use the gogurt tubes - freeze them and the kiddies love em - I've seen frozen peaches somewhere but they're hard to hold...I don't have babies of my own but I've worked in daycares and been a nanny so that means I've had about 10 teething at all times :)

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for starting this thread!  Mine got his two front teeth at 3 months, 3 weeks.  Crazy, right?  It has been fast and furious since then.  We have been lucky in that he has had a pretty easy go of it, but there have definitely been nights he wakes up crying or is generally fussy during the day.

There are 2 products I recommend that worked better for my son than others.  All kids are different but maybe they are worth a try:

http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/B000VLR178

This makes a great teether as well and it reaches to the back of the mouth which is awesome for when the back teeth start coming in:

http://www.amazon.co...08855259&sr=1-1

#4 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
        • 923 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

Those look like neat products starchild thanks! I've seen a three month old boy who was the size of a nine month old who's mother gave him baby food and the next thing I knew he had teeth comming in. I thought that was wild but I guess not.

I remember seeing somewhere jewelry that mothers can wear their babies can safely teeth on that I thought was very stylish - I'm being lazy but I'm sure if you google it, it will come up. Also I learned somewhere to squeeze a paci nipple underwater to let it fill up and freeze it... It dosn't last long so I do a bunch but it's soothing

#5 celticgirl

celticgirl
          • 266 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:59 AM

I think they are amber necklaces.. I could be wrong. 

Originally Posted by dominiqueamber 

Those look like neat products starchild thanks! I've seen a three month old boy who was the size of a nine month old who's mother gave him baby food and the next thing I knew he had teeth comming in. I thought that was wild but I guess not.

I remember seeing somewhere jewelry that mothers can wear their babies can safely teeth on that I thought was very stylish - I'm being lazy but I'm sure if you google it, it will come up. Also I learned somewhere to squeeze a paci nipple underwater to let it fill up and freeze it... It dosn't last long so I do a bunch but it's soothing

January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#6 celticgirl

celticgirl
            • 266 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:00 AM

So, My son is approaching 7 months in 10 days... (man how time flys) and still NO teeth... the last 4 months he has been teething, is that nuts?!?!? it sure is driving me nuts.

January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by dominiqueamber 

I've seen the jewelry too.  Seems cool but I never got any.  I love the paci tip, thanks :)

Originally Posted by celticgirl 

So, My son is approaching 7 months in 10 days... (man how time flys) and still NO teeth... the last 4 months he has been teething, is that nuts?!?!? it sure is driving me nuts.

All kids are totally different but I see how it could drive you nuts!  My cousin is 11 months and just got 2 front teeth overnight, but has been teething for months too.  They pop up when they want to I guess.

#8 anudrm

anudrm
                • 760 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:58 AM

No it isn't nuts.  My daughter is 14 months, she has 8 teeth and those came in with no issue.  She is teething once again and have had fevers as high as 105.  We do the tylenol/advil combination, the cold rag, frozen teethers, frozen eggo waffles and yes we do the Camilla tea.  I usually make a pot of tea, take her medicine syringe, use 1.875ml and a cup of 4 oz water and gives it to her.  Of course, I have adjusted this because of her age and size, when she was smaller I would use less tea with the same amount of water.  It kept her calm.  Also, if you have a Whole Foods they have a teething medicine, drops, that works wonders!

Originally Posted by celticgirl 

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

celticgirl (and everyone else) how's it going?

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

i feel like they're teething for the first 2 years of their little lives!  sean (now 1!!) got his first 4 teeth all in one weekend.  yikes!  he wasn't as crabby as you'd expect but man teeth #9 and #10 have him in so much pain.  i feel awful, and nothing seems to work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users