• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#11 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:17 AM

Here's something very similar to what I did:

http://sherrysellsse....ringbearer.jpg

I found all of the supplies at Michael's (very inexpensive). I used ribbon to match my wedding colors (teal and white).

#12 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

oh, thanks for the picture, do you have a picture of what you did??

#13 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:30 PM

I would like to see as well if you have a pic....

#14 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BeachBride82
        Here's something very similar to what I did:

http://sherrysellsse....ringbearer.jpg

I found all of the supplies at Michael's (very inexpensive). I used ribbon to match my wedding colors (teal and white).
        Very cute! I love that this is so easy to do!

#15 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
        • 51 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

I haven't added the teal ribbon yet, here's how my ring shell looks so far.

Click the image to open in full size.

#16 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:16 PM

thanks for posting pics!! you got that shell at Michaels? that is almost like the shell I got and I had to find it in Myrlte Beach!!

In the meantime I have done some internet research and came up with some ideas:

#17 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
            • 51 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:26 PM

Yep - I found everything at Michael's for less than $10. I dug through the bins of shells in order to find a large one that was in good shape.

I'm a little concerned about adding sand to the base of the shell - do you think that it will get inbetween the diamonds of my wedding band?

Another idea that I've been considering (I'm second guessing my shell) is to use a starfish (also sold at Michael's) and tie the ribbon at the centre. I think that I may have issues with customs if my bags get checked...

I like the pics that you have posted - you can select a shell to go with your wedding colors instead of trying to match ribbon colors.

#18 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

Quote:
                Yep - I found everything at Michael's for less than $10. I dug through the bins of shells in order to find a large one that was in good shape.

I'm a little concerned about adding sand to the base of the shell - do you think that it will get inbetween the diamonds of my wedding band?

Another idea that I've been considering (I'm second guessing my shell) is to use a starfish (also sold at Michael's) and tie the ribbon at the centre. I think that I may have issues with customs if my bags get checked...

I like the pics that you have posted - you can select a shell to go with your wedding colors instead of trying to match ribbon colors.
                hmmmmm.. I have never seen "shell bins" at any of the Michaels near me.... I am defintely using the shell, if you don't already know I am on starfish overload.. lol.... I really like your shell...

#19 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
                  I am using those fake rings you can buy at Michaels and other places for the shell. I don't want to risk them falling off or anything, because my 3 year old nephew is in charge of the shell! The best man will be holding the real rings.

#20 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:12 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lizz
                    I am using those fake rings you can buy at Michaels and other places for the shell. I don't want to risk them falling off or anything, because my 3 year old nephew is in charge of the shell! The best man will be holding the real rings.
                    definitely!! unless the best manis carrying it, I wouldn't trust it!! I want it mainly for pics....

here is another idea with starfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users