Photo

Post your BEST DW planning advice and tips for Newbies here!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 alysam4785

alysam4785
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Danz 

This is SO true! We have so many people coming with us that we never in a million years expected to come! Nothing will surprise me anymore about this whole planning process! Great tips from all! Thanks!

Originally Posted by MoBayBride2B 

Expect the unexpected- that friend you've know since kindergarten may not clear her schedule to go dress shopping or your great uncle bert that you haven't seen in 20 years may be the first to book.

Try to take pics of yourself in dresses you are considering, it helps later when you are no longer "in the moment" you may see things differently.

Honestly, this is the best advice ever! A destination wedding can be hard because some of your favorite people just simply can't afford to go. Sometimes you hear excuses about why people can't come that just make you cringe, but we just have to remember that it was our choice to have a destination wedding not them. So we can't expect them to set aside the money to go,  If it means that much to you for certain people to be there you can always bite the bullet and pay for them. Or just have an AHR where they can celebrate with you. Most of our family isn't coming but I'm ok with it because our closest family ( parents) and our best friends will be going and those are the people that matter the most.

#22 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
    • 162 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

True... we are getting legally married at home and going to the restaurant  to have a little celebration with family that might not be able to join our DW...

Originally Posted by alysam4785 

Honestly, this is the best advice ever! A destination wedding can be hard because some of your favorite people just simply can't afford to go. Sometimes you hear excuses about why people can't come that just make you cringe, but we just have to remember that it was our choice to have a destination wedding not them. So we can't expect them to set aside the money to go,  If it means that much to you for certain people to be there you can always bite the bullet and pay for them. Or just have an AHR where they can celebrate with you. Most of our family isn't coming but I'm ok with it because our closest family ( parents) and our best friends will be going and those are the people that matter the most.

#23 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
      • 162 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Tks for all the advises... keep them coming :)

#24 kkimi88

kkimi88
        • 222 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:01 AM

This is such a great thread. So so helpful, and good to help keep perspective! I will be sure to post my own advice when I'm more wise and knowledgeable :P

#25 adcurlz

adcurlz
          • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

Ladies thank you for the advice! It is all so helpful and I'm sure there will be a lot more words of wisdom to come.

#26 eldiexs

eldiexs
            • 154 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

One of the best planning advice for a DW, is hire a wedding planner! She or He will help you a lot with the planing details while you relax and have fun :)

Best

Diego

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users