Man, I am three weeks away and I wish I started all this planning earlier! Whew! For all you Newbies, get started NOW!
Hereâ€™s a few things Iâ€™ve learned from wedding planning so far:
- Wedding colors are tricky. I picked hard-to-find colors (coral and teal) and it seems everything comes in more basic colors like light blue, royal blue, navy, purple, pink, orange, green. Just a thought to consider when choosing colors.
- Dance lessons!!! This has been the MOST fun of preparing to get married. Expensiveâ€¦but SO worth it!
- It IS possible to get an amazing but less expensive dress. Keep searching.
- There is a reason people go with traditional bridesmaid dressesâ€¦they are easy to match with the rest of the bridal party. I went with just regular gowns from Nordstromâ€™s and had to find out the hard way NOTHING comes in that color (coral!!!)
- DO NOT write anything about your registry on Save the Dates or Invitationsâ€¦.TACKY! I thought this was a given (this advice is in every wedding book ever writtenâ€¦), but Iâ€™m finding tons of people are making this mistake and it just keeps rubbing me the wrong way, especially now that I'm in the wedding planning process myself.
Any other BDW ladies have some good advice to share?