deniden
  • Site Supporter
  • 355 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
  • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

Help!

How do you gals even start gathering ideas for your flowers?  I'm trying to put together pics to send Marvin of what we want.  But, I feel a bit clueless on this! 

I researched what flowers are available in February in the Northern Hemisphere, and I know our colors (below)... but how do you find pics that are "doable" for your season and for Mexico?  Or did you just find pictures you like, and he can change them as he sees fit for the season/region?  

BTW - I know five colors is a lot LOL.  Any ideas would be helpful.  The bridesmaid dresses are teal, and their shoes are silver.  I thought the sandy beige and brown bring in the natural colors of the beach (and are also present in our wedding invites), and I found the teal/darkblue/silver combo from a wedding website and loved it.  Any thoughts in general?  And as far as flowers with these colors?

Colors.jpg

What I did was email Marvin with my wedding date and the colors I was interested in and he sent me a tons of pictures of arrangements he had done. I then told him what I liked from which arrangements and he sent me pictures of that.

#72 lavieenrose

lavieenrose
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:34 AM

Did you ever hear from him? I've emailed a couple of times but no response. Thank you!

#73 qgirl2

qgirl2
    • 39 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

I have been trying to contact Marvin the flower guy but I have not been able to get a response. Any one else having this issue?

#74 ashbrooke3ou

ashbrooke3ou
      • 16 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

I have also contacted Marvin a few times with no response.  My first communication was several weeks ago so I'm wondering if I need to find another florist.  Does anyone have any other suggestions for florists?

#75 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
        • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

Here are the emails address that I have. Whenever I write I send it to both ;-) marvin@mayadisenofloral.com.mx and marvin@mayafloral.com Hope this helps!

#76 merrylee

merrylee
          • 687 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:23 AM

Ndvidul,

IMO the flowers are what you want them to be so pick your favorites and see where he can go from there and give him a color range of flowers you are interested in.  The magic will happen

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

Help!

How do you gals even start gathering ideas for your flowers?  I'm trying to put together pics to send Marvin of what we want.  But, I feel a bit clueless on this! 

I researched what flowers are available in February in the Northern Hemisphere, and I know our colors (below)... but how do you find pics that are "doable" for your season and for Mexico?  Or did you just find pictures you like, and he can change them as he sees fit for the season/region?  

BTW - I know five colors is a lot LOL.  Any ideas would be helpful.  The bridesmaid dresses are teal, and their shoes are silver.  I thought the sandy beige and brown bring in the natural colors of the beach (and are also present in our wedding invites), and I found the teal/darkblue/silver combo from a wedding website and loved it.  Any thoughts in general?  And as far as flowers with these colors?

Colors.jpg

#77 gnguy

gnguy
            • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

I have emailed them 3 times (no answered) and called them (a hispanic guy pick answered the phone but he does not speak english)...they seemed very flaky...I was wandering if they are in the business to take care of their customers.

#78 bethgk

bethgk
              • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

Do you  have Marvin's email address? I have been trying to get his contact information for my upcoming wedding in Playa del Carmen. Could you please give me his contact info? That would be greatly appreciated!! :)

#79 beatyea

beatyea
                • 288 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

marvin@mayafloral.com

Originally Posted by bethgk 

Do you  have Marvin's email address? I have been trying to get his contact information for my upcoming wedding in Playa del Carmen. Could you please give me his contact info? That would be greatly appreciated!! :)

#80 JessicaAnne

JessicaAnne
                  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Hi There, we will be there the same weekend!!  How long did it take for MArvin to respond, I seem to be having the same issue as a few others on here... I did try this e-mail too, so hopefully that will be successful!! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users