Photo

MY WEDDING RECAPS AT SUNSET BEACH RESORT AND SPA!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#11 redginger

redginger
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

Congrats Sandra! You looked so gorgeous and the wedding looked beautiful! Did you get legally married in Jamaica...are you happy with that decision?

#12 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
    • 305 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:13 AM

Hi redginer!  Thank you!  And yes, I did get legally married in Jamaica.  I am totally happy we did it that way.  We did consider doing the legal stuff beforehand, but it turned out not to be so complicated to get married there (just had to send our birth certificates).  So although I don;t think there is anything wrong with getting legally married before you go away for your DW, i did prefer for the day we had our wedding in Jamaica to be the day we actually were married!

The only complaint I guess i have is that we have to wait about 5 months for our marriage certificate to be mailed to us. I have no idea why it takes so long, but at the same time, I guess I am not in a rush for it!

Originally Posted by redginger 

Congrats Sandra! You looked so gorgeous and the wedding looked beautiful! Did you get legally married in Jamaica...are you happy with that decision?

#13 MichCraw

MichCraw
      • 369 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:30 AM

Great review, really appreciate all the time you took to explain everything... you looked very beautiful Congrats

#14 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
        • 305 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

thanks!  I wanted to share all the details on this resort because i planned my wedding there, i practically did it blind, i found so few brides who got married here! And NONE of them did a private reception, so i was totally gambling with how it would turn out!

Originally Posted by MichCraw 

Great review, really appreciate all the time you took to explain everything... you looked very beautiful Congrats

#15 jenniferkuhr

jenniferkuhr
          • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

Your "first look" is so magical!  Love the OOT bags...where did you get them?

#16 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
            • 305 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

thank you!  I got the OOT bags on theknot.com, they are the mini canvas bags that are regularly priced at $18 each, but i got them on sale for half off - and they go on sale ALL the time! don't ever buy them at regular price! and of course, you can embroider on them whatever you want.  I think on Black Friday last year, they were selling for as low as $5.99 each, but i only bought one to see if i liked them and they were never that cheap again!

Originally Posted by jenniferkuhr 

Your "first look" is so magical!  Love the OOT bags...where did you get them?

#17 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
              • 423 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

And I thought your TTD pics were good,These are amazing, you look beautiful!

I am getting married at the sister resort in Ocho Rios, and was worried about the grounds and how the pictures would look, if it's anything like the Montego Bay resort, I think we're good!

#18 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
                • 305 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

thank you!  and i think you will be fine with that resort. i had a hard time picking between them because i couldn't really find any differences. i finally with MoBay only because i knew someone who got married there personally and could vouch for it.  However, sometimes i wonder if the beaches would have been nicer at Sunset Jamaica Grande (they were kinda small at Sunset Beach).  I did see a recap on here once of a bride who got married at Grande and i remember her pics were awesome and definitely got me excited for my Sunset wedding!!

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

And I thought your TTD pics were good,These are amazing, you look beautiful!

I am getting married at the sister resort in Ocho Rios, and was worried about the grounds and how the pictures would look, if it's anything like the Montego Bay resort, I think we're good!

#19 OrangeGirl

OrangeGirl
                  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

Thank you so much for your post!  I just booked my vaca/DW with Sunset Beach today!  My wedding is Feb. 29, 2012...Leap Day!!  Monday I will be sending out my wedding info to them.  Your pics and play by play has eased my mind a little bit about what the resort has to offer.  Since you now have become my go to girl, I might end up having a plethra of questions for you.  So I apologize in advance.

Which package did you pick?  I think I'm going with the Signature Sunset.

Did you decide on the upgrades before or when you met with the wedding co-ordinator?

Were the ceremony decorations incl. with your package or were they extra ie. chair covers/bows, toule around arbour.

Was your bouquet the one with the package or did you upgrade to the Delux Sunset Bouquet?  Your colours were purple/white, mine is orange and white.  Was the bouquet customized?

Which dinner package did you get?

Do they offer fresh flowers for your hair?

Did you use the photographer from the resort?

I know I've got more, but I can't think any more (you know how you get consumed with this whole thing)

Thanks for your time!

Robin

#20 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
                    • 305 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:19 AM

Hi! congrats on your booking your wedding at sunset beach!  first off, please dont ever apologize for asking questions! i loved planning my wedding and i love talking about it so i am super happy to help in any way i can!!!  i will certainly answer all your questions!  i will also refer to you to the thread i started a while back on this resort i have answered alot of your questions there already:

look through all the pages as i have answered several brides questions throughout all the comments!

Thank you so much for your post!  I just booked my vaca/DW with Sunset Beach today!  My wedding is Feb. 29, 2012...Leap Day!!  Monday I will be sending out my wedding info to them.  Your pics and play by play has eased my mind a little bit about what the resort has to offer.  Since you now have become my go to girl, I might end up having a plethra of questions for you.  So I apologize in advance.

Which package did you pick?  I think I'm going with the Signature Sunset.

Did you decide on the upgrades before or when you met with the wedding co-ordinator?

Were the ceremony decorations incl. with your package or were they extra ie. chair covers/bows, toule around arbour.

Was your bouquet the one with the package or did you upgrade to the Delux Sunset Bouquet?  Your colours were purple/white, mine is orange and white.  Was the bouquet customized?

Which dinner package did you get?

Do they offer fresh flowers for your hair?

Did you use the photographer from the resort?

I know I've got more, but I can't think any more (you know how you get consumed with this whole thing)

Thanks for your time!

Robin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users