Photo

Atlantis welcome bags

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

Did the website that you ordered your bags from make you meet the min. requirement? There are jute bags on there I LOVE!! But the min. is 100!!

#32 skp1

skp1
    • 405 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:42 AM

Yes, I did have to do the minimum but for the bag I ordered it was only 25.  What I found during my research is that the cheaper bags had high minimums but the more expensive ones didn't.  I had contemplated ordering blank bags (since minimums don't apply to that) and either doing the printing myself or finding a local shop since those are usually per piece, and don't require a minimum.  So that's a possibility you can look into.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#33 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
      • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:45 AM

So you are saying!!!!!!!! Just not getting my hopes up!! That if I order them unmonogramed tehere is no minimum?!? Because I don't want them monogramed!!

Originally Posted by skp1 

Yes, I did have to do the minimum but for the bag I ordered it was only 25.  What I found during my research is that the cheaper bags had high minimums but the more expensive ones didn't.  I had contemplated ordering blank bags (since minimums don't apply to that) and either doing the printing myself or finding a local shop since those are usually per piece, and don't require a minimum.  So that's a possibility you can look into.

#34 skp1

skp1
        • 405 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:52 AM

I can't say for 100% sure, but usually they only apply the minimums because doesn't pay to print just a few.  You should definitely call and find out about blank ones - the company is so nice.

#35 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
          • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

I defiently will!! Thank you so much!!

#36 khamre

khamre
            • Site Supporter
            • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

Your bags are amazing, I hope mine go over as well as yours did. When did you give your bags out to your guests? I'm trying to figure out if I should pay to have them delivered to each person's rooms or do something like hand them out at the airport.

#37 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
              • 127 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:33 AM

Hey Steph,

How did you do your iron-on's?  Was it tough??

Do you remember the type of paper you used?

Forever could never be long enough for me to feel like i've had long enough with you

#38 skp1

skp1
                • 405 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

I gave out the bags at the welcome party the first night.  I had to buy water and snacks in the Bahamas plus assemble all the bags so they weren't ready immediately.  When I checked with the hotel about delivery, they said they didn't do it before guests checked in because there is always a chance that the room would change.  The delivery was in the evening which would have been after our party so it didn't make sense for us.  Also our resort would not hold them at the check-in desk.  it worked out well doing it at the party plus I got to see people's reactions as they opened them.  I wouldn't recommend giving them out at the airport as airlines are so strict now adays with carryons.  Your guests may already a suitcase and carry on and then the OOT would put them over the limit. 

I didn't do iron ons.  I ended up having them screen printed through the company I ordered from since the minimum was only 25.  I'm soooo glad I did it that way.  Sure it cost more, but as I learned with most of my DIY projects, there is trial and error involved - its no big deal when you're dealing with paper but if I screwed up a bag or 2 then it would have cost me more.

#39 amanda2286

amanda2286
                  • 162 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

i love the labels on the bags!  I'm going to try to find that template!

#40 amberah19

amberah19
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 104 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:09 AM

These are so great! For sure one of the best bags I have seen! And I love the way you packaged everything up....really great job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users