Margarita/Cosmo mixes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

I think I am going to put these in my OOT bags. I think they're so cute. Has anyone else used something like this?

100 BEACH THEME Cosmopolitan, Margarita COCKTAIL Mixes - (eBay item 250149727302 end time Sep-28-07 20:12:43 PDT)

#2 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
    • 679 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:22 PM

Lizz...this is such a great idea. Do you know what type of alcohol they have stocked in the room mini bars? It would be great if there was a mix that went with the liqour that is stocked.
      Brittney & Peter
      July 12, 2008
      Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#3 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

I hadn't thought of these, they are very cute!!

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BrittneyD
          Lizz...this is such a great idea. Do you know what type of alcohol they have stocked in the room mini bars? It would be great if there was a mix that went with the liqour that is stocked.
          That was my FI's thinking. I know they don't have tequila, so the margarita mix wouldn't work. I am pretty sure it is: rum, vodka, gin and brandy. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. So, Cosmos could be made!

#5 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
          • 679 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

I just found this on trip advisor:

The mini bar had vodka, gin, brandy, rum, bottle beer, soft drinks, and gallon jugs of drinking water.

The cosmos would work great then!!!
            Brittney & Peter
            July 12, 2008
            Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#6 ajncooter

ajncooter
            • 983 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:16 PM

i thought about giving these away with the mini shakers we got from target for our mexican fiesta couples shower

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:07 PM

we went to a DW last year in Cabo and these were in our gift bags (the margarita one) - it was VERY cut but tasted like shit - everyone wound up throwing them out...obviously i don't know what the others are like but that one was pretty gross!

#8 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:56 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
                  we went to a DW last year in Cabo and these were in our gift bags (the margarita one) - it was VERY cut but tasted like shit - everyone wound up throwing them out...obviously i don't know what the others are like but that one was pretty gross!
                  Thanks for letting me know! I may rethink that idea.

#9 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,347 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:20 PM

I had this idea too for our welcome bags---- we have thick, large plastic margarita glasses in our wedding colors and had planned on putting these inside and then cellophane wrap them together. But, I'm glad to hear that the taste wasn't very good before I purchased them---- now I'm thinking we may see if we can find some travel size tequila bottles reasonable priced once we get to Mexico and then include those instead with a note saying for the guests to bring them to the welcome dinner--- then we can buy some margarita mix when we get down there and make them that night for everyone....

#10 CaboDate

CaboDate
                    • 129 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:16 PM

We ordered similar ones and mini bottles of tequilla for our OOT bags too. (different design on front) They don't make the best margs I've ever had.. but we added a little fresh lime to them as well.. and it made them better.
                      Amy & Todd
                      Cabo San Lucas
                      October 20th, 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users