Passport Help

RAENJAY

Hoping somebody here can help with this answer... I have no idea what she's talking about. One of my guests sent me the following question today:

"DO YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW IF WE ARE GOING TO NEED THE SHORT FORM OR THE LONG FORM FOR OUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE? THE LADY AT THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT DID NOT KNOW AND TOLD ME TO CONTACT PROBATE...............THE LADY AT PROBATE TOLD ME THAT YOU COULD GET ONE WITH A MARRAIGE CERTIFICATE..........THAT SOUNDS CRAZY BECAUSE I KNOW IT HAS TO BE YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE.....SO AS YOU CAN SEE NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING................CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE.....THANK YOU!"

I think she is asking if you can get the passport with the marriage certificate, but I'm not sure. I've sent an email back to her, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

you can't get a passport with a marriage license (at least not that i know of) ...unless she wants to change the name to her married name...

Quote:
The Passport Services Office provides information and services to American citizens about how to obtain, replace or change a passport.

A passport is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies the identity and nationality of the bearer. A valid U.S. passport is required to enter and leave most foreign countries. Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant, issue or verify United States passports.

New Application for a U.S. Passport

To obtain a passport for the first time, you need to go in person to one of 7,000 passport acceptance facilities located throughout the United States with two photographs of yourself, proof of U.S. citizenship, and a valid form of photo identification such as a driverâ€s license.

Acceptance facilities include many Federal, state and probate courts, post offices, some public libraries and a number of county and municipal offices. There are also 13 regional passport agencies, and 1 Gateway City Agency, which serve customers who are traveling within 2 weeks (14 days), or who need foreign visas for travel. Appointments are required in such cases.

Youâ€ll need to apply in person if you are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time: if your expired U.S. passport is not in your possession; if your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago; if your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16; or if your currently valid U.S. passport has been lost or stolen.

For more information on getting a new passport, please click How to get a passport.

Renewal of a U.S. Passport

You can renew by mail if: Your most recent passport is available to submit and it is not damaged; you received the passport within the past 15 years; you were over age 16 when it was issued; you still have the same name, or can legally document your name change.

You can get a passport renewal application form by downloading it from this site.

If your passport has been, altered or damaged, you cannot apply by mail. You must apply in person.

For more information on how to renew a passport, please click: How to renew a passport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAENJAY View Post
Thanks Tammy! I didn't think so either. I just got another reply from her, and she found the right person to talk to and know has everything that she needs.
don't you love getting emails like that, in ALL CAPS like she is screaming at you...like you are supposed to know EVERYTHING about travel/laws just because you are planning a DW.stupid.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
don't you love getting emails like that, in ALL CAPS like she is screaming at you...like you are supposed to know EVERYTHING about travel/laws just because you are planning a DW.stupid.gif
Oh yea, she's a caps girl, and I was just WAY too lazy to retype all that... Her and her husband are so funny. They were our first guests to book (her husband works under Jason) and neither of them have been out of the country, so every day it's a million questions. I was concerned that once her DH got out of the country, he wouldn't get back in, but seems like all is OK on that end. Unlike the felon that we have who wants to go, but can't get a passport well because he's a FELON....