Photo

White or Ivory? Advice needed!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

I prefer Ivory... looks more chic... my tought...

#22 Jessamaka

Jessamaka
    • 49 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

I prefer ivory becaseu I have very light skin, and white would make me look washed out.

#23 jennaba3

jennaba3
      • 210 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:53 AM

Ive gone for Ivory because I found white cheapened the dress alot.. It looked like a different dress! If anyone has a picture of an ivory dress with a white shirt I would love to see it.. I didnt even think of them not matching!! xxxx

#24 zbwedding

zbwedding
        • 156 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

Im going with Ivory because of my skin tone and I tend to get a little flush when Im hot or nervous.  I figured the last thing I need is the white making me look whiter... or redder!

#25 KalikLove

KalikLove
          • 178 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

Dresses usually photograph better in Ivory, you can see more detail in the dress. But its harder to find the right shade of ivory men's shirts... touch call. 

#26 jscowger

jscowger
            • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Bridal salons generally tell you to choose between white and ivory based on your skin tone. Pure white dresses tend to look better on women with darker skin tones. Maybe you should try a dress on in ivory to see if that looks better with your skin tone.  By the way that dress in gorgeous :)

#27 MNtoMX

MNtoMX
              • 115 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

I tried on a slightly off white in the store and loved it. My mom wanted me to order white, I was hesitant to do so without trying it on. I tried on a different dress, same designer, in diamond white and then ordered the white. When I got it in, I thought it was very bright and I was concerned how tan I would look after 4 days on the beach, next to my fair skinned fiance! (I know, sunscreen...) Anyway, I went round and round, went back to the store twice this past week to try the dresses on again....I emailed our photographer who suggested off white as it photographs better. There are some ivory and 'champagne' dresses that are much more ivory, mine is not that big of a difference.... I ordered the off white today and plan to sell the white. I love them both, but I do get pretty dark in the sun so I worry about how that would look in white.

I am not too concerned about my fiance wearing a white shirt (he is wearing a tan suit, I worry more about that being too light) I think it is better to have the white shirt than to try and match an off white shirt to the dress

#28 Peach

Peach
                • 1,293 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

You know, I have seen ivory dresses beside white shirts, and frankly, it looks fine to me. It is maybe a little different in a fancy location, but on the beach, in the sun, it looks just fine. 

Like you said, it can be harder to match an off-white shirt with ivory than just go for white. I think if it looks like it was done consciously and on purpose it is probably okay. :)

#29 Dominique 161

Dominique 161
                  • 236 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:54 AM

My wedding is Ivory and i love it. But i didnt think about it would look like next to a white shirt!

#30 Peach

Peach
                    • 1,293 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

FI and his best man are both wearing white shirts. I don't know whether I will go for white or ivory. I know that it might clash if I go ivory with his white shirt, but I don't think it will enough to matter too much to me. I will get whatever I am most comfortable in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users