Site Visits

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mguerrier

mguerrier
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hi everyone!!

My fiance and I are thinking about having our wedding at the Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana.  The pictures look gorgeous online.  We won 5 free nights at that hotel so we were planning on using that voucher to go visit.  I would like to visit other hotels as well. 

Has anyone done site visits before booking their hotel?

If so, are they free or do you have to pay for a day pass just to visit the properties?

If someone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks!

#2 jenniferkuhr

jenniferkuhr
    • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

We did a site visit to our venue back in Sep. 2010 and it felt like there was no way to take a bad picture…it is SO, SO gorgeous!!!  I am so in love with The Royal Playa Del Carmen in Mexico.  It is absolutely breathtaking and so far they have been so responsive to everything I’ve asked for.  

#3 vav11238

vav11238
      • 166 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

I haven't done any site viewings yet but am planning on heading down later this month but will have to chose a place before then because we're set for a wedding in Feb 2012. I'm trying to decide between Paradisus, Majestic, Now or Riu Palace. I'm basing it off of the websites, reviews written on here and Travelocity and incentives given. 

Good luck and Congrats!

Originally Posted by mguerrier 

Hi everyone!!

My fiance and I are thinking about having our wedding at the Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana.  The pictures look gorgeous online.  We won 5 free nights at that hotel so we were planning on using that voucher to go visit.  I would like to visit other hotels as well. 

Has anyone done site visits before booking their hotel?

If so, are they free or do you have to pay for a day pass just to visit the properties?

If someone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks!

#4 anichols8

anichols8
        • 232 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

Policies are different for site visits from resort to resort.  Sometimes, you can negotiate a site visit, for free or reduced rate, when you plan your room blocks.  I'm not sure about before you have secured room blocks though.  Happy Planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users