Newbie Bride - Cancun Palace

Essential0929

Thank you so much for sharing what you know so far! Your wedding is coming up so soon!  Congrats! Lucky you! I am not getting married until February, but I'm sure it'll be here before I know it! I am also sure I will have lots of questions to ask you once you return.

Originally Posted by ecanja View Post

Absolutely!  I've been in contact with Paola for about a month and she has been pretty good about responding to my questions (I literally email her a question everyday so Iâ€m sure she is super annoyed of me :).  This is what I have decided for the wedding so far: 

Flowers: There werenâ€t too many options to choose from for the flowers (Lilies and roses).  So, I decided to go with white Lilies for the bride bouquet and bridesmaidâ€s bouquet.  I had originally sent Paola a picture of the flowers (type and color) I wanted but the upgrade was a little spending.  I am also ordering 2 vases of flowers for the ceremony but no flowers for the tables.  I am going to bring lots of candles and table decorations instead of flowers....I wasnâ€t too impressed with the pictures she sent me of the flower centerpieces.

Music: I purchased a violinist to play at the ceremony and gave Paola my song requests for her to share with the violinist.  I also purchased a Mexican Trio for the cocktail hour because, well, when in Rome (aka Mexico)!  As for the reception, Paola sent me information for audio options (DJâ€s, sound system, ect).  I received quotes from 2 different companies and decided to go with JSAV out of Cancun Palace since Carlos was the quickest to respond and seemed very professional.  We are only having 38 guests so I decided to purchase a sound system with microphones, speakers, and an iPod holder for music instead of a DJ. The DJâ€s were kind of expensive, plus we have full control of the music we want to play.  Iâ€ll let you know how that goes:)  I also added on lights for the dance floor to make it more fun.

Location:  I choose the breeze terrace for the cocktail hour/reception.  This was a difficult decision for me since Iâ€ve never been to Cancun Palace and have no idea what the space looks like but after reading and chatting with a BDW bride who got married at Cancun Palace, she recommended this space.  The only thing Iâ€m a little hesitant about it how close it is to the rooms but she said it didnâ€t seem to bother her or anyone else....I guess the guests will have to get used to the loud dancing music right next to their rooms :)   I choose the infinity terrace for our rehearsal dinner, again because of her recommendation for this space.

Food: We are having the Italian buffet for the rehearsal dinner (my fiancés parentâ€s choice) and the BBQ buffet for the reception.  I figured everyone will have lots of Mexican food while in Mexico and I love bbq so thatâ€s why I choose the BBQ option.  

Well, I bet I missed something but please let me know if you have any more questions! 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for sharing! How did you decide between the terrace locations for your reception and rehearsal dinner? When did you first connect with Paola?

Originally Posted by ecanja View Post

Absolutely!  I've been in contact with Paola for about a month and she has been pretty good about responding to my questions (I literally email her a question everyday so Iâ€m sure she is super annoyed of me :).  This is what I have decided for the wedding so far: 

Flowers: There werenâ€t too many options to choose from for the flowers (Lilies and roses).  So, I decided to go with white Lilies for the bride bouquet and bridesmaidâ€s bouquet.  I had originally sent Paola a picture of the flowers (type and color) I wanted but the upgrade was a little spending.  I am also ordering 2 vases of flowers for the ceremony but no flowers for the tables.  I am going to bring lots of candles and table decorations instead of flowers....I wasnâ€t too impressed with the pictures she sent me of the flower centerpieces.

Music: I purchased a violinist to play at the ceremony and gave Paola my song requests for her to share with the violinist.  I also purchased a Mexican Trio for the cocktail hour because, well, when in Rome (aka Mexico)!  As for the reception, Paola sent me information for audio options (DJâ€s, sound system, ect).  I received quotes from 2 different companies and decided to go with JSAV out of Cancun Palace since Carlos was the quickest to respond and seemed very professional.  We are only having 38 guests so I decided to purchase a sound system with microphones, speakers, and an iPod holder for music instead of a DJ. The DJâ€s were kind of expensive, plus we have full control of the music we want to play.  Iâ€ll let you know how that goes:)  I also added on lights for the dance floor to make it more fun.

Location:  I choose the breeze terrace for the cocktail hour/reception.  This was a difficult decision for me since Iâ€ve never been to Cancun Palace and have no idea what the space looks like but after reading and chatting with a BDW bride who got married at Cancun Palace, she recommended this space.  The only thing Iâ€m a little hesitant about it how close it is to the rooms but she said it didnâ€t seem to bother her or anyone else....I guess the guests will have to get used to the loud dancing music right next to their rooms :)   I choose the infinity terrace for our rehearsal dinner, again because of her recommendation for this space.

Food: We are having the Italian buffet for the rehearsal dinner (my fiancés parentâ€s choice) and the BBQ buffet for the reception.  I figured everyone will have lots of Mexican food while in Mexico and I love bbq so thatâ€s why I choose the BBQ option.  

Well, I bet I missed something but please let me know if you have any more questions! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!!!  Your wedding is coming up!  I bet you're so excited!  I'm getting married at Cancun Palace on May 4th 2012.  I have been planning since December and have done as much research as i can but I'm having a hard time with a few things so i wanted to see if you could give me any additional info.  Who are you having your pictures done by?  This is one of my MAIN concerns and i cant seem to find many pictures or photographers that have done weddings at Cancun palace.  Are you willing to share your pictures when you come back? 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!

Absolutely! I chose Juan Navarro for my photographer since I'd read nothing but wonderful things about Juan and he was extremely responsive and professional via email.  I do have to pay the $88 day pass for both him and his assistant but I think its worth it for great photos.   3 months before your wedding, a wedding coordinator from Cancun Palace will contact you via email and send you contact information for the in-house photographer called Smile Market www.smilemarket.com.mx   You are more than welcome to use them OR you could hire an outside vendor. PS. The resort will say they don't accept outside vendors but they do as long as you pay for their day pass ($88 pp). 

I hope this helps but please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns! Trust me, I know exactly what you are going through so I am more than happy to help :)  Take care!

Hello Dear Welcome to the forum and happy planning here as you can see you will find great people lots of great brides that has married at the cancun palalce by the way is a great place with lots of different locations for you photo session i am sure you will find great comments on the cancun palace here.

Aida Navarro

Astrid & Martin

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cancun-Wedding-Photo/405881376123

http://vimeo.com/channels/framesvideoweddings

Here is juan's website: www.juanphotos.com/    You can email him at juan@juanphotos.com and he is really great at getting back to you in a timely manner.  At first, I was really opposed to spending money on a photographer, but after looking at his pictures and considering that pictures are the one thing that we will have for years to come, I decided to do it!  Good luck!!!

OMG!  I am so excited right now.  I have been on forums all day looking for information and I actually was just on his website before you sent this to me and I was impressed as well.  I'm waiting on him to get back to me for an idea of price...  and that is so great that I can just pay the day pass price!!  That is so perfect!! I hope that works out for me.  I read where "Moon Palace" made them stay at the resort for 2 days.... i was hoping that wasn't the case!!  I'm so excited to see how your pictures turn out!!! 

Thank you so much for your help!