My VoF Wedding with Scenic Las Vegas Weddings on May 14, 2011.

The wedding was great. Scenic Las Vegas Weddings sent the limo to pick up me and groom... however the groom decided to ride out to the VoF on the bus we rented from Canyon Coachlines with the wedding guests. There was 6 of us in the limo with lots of room, there was nice cold bottled water provided. We had booked a cooler with ice on the bus so we could put some water in there for our guests. The drive out to the VoF took about an hour. When I arrived there the driver, Dirk, let me know to wait in the limo so the minister could come talk to me. The minister Michael was a really friendly personable man. He let me know what to expect checked with me that name pronounciations were right and what kind of ceremony religious or civil we wanted. The limo was parked around behind the rock formation so that Bryan would not see me when I got out of the limo. Trey Tomsik the photographer and owner of Scenic Las Vegas Weddings gave me a run through of how the ceremony would proceed where to stand etc. (he had all ready run through it with Bryan). He then got set up with his camera and started our music so my bridesmaid could enter then my Dad walked me up to Bryan to give me away. The minister did a really beautiful civil ceremony. Trey took really amazing pictures. The guests then went back to the reception site which was the L Suite at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay and the wedding party went to the Bellagio fountain to take pictures. It was dark by this time so the pictures in front of the light and water show turned out amazing. We then joined the guests at the reception. The catering was done by Jason's Deli who were super affordable and everyone loved the food. There was plenty of seating and table space in the L Suite. We had bought alcohol at Lee's Discount Liquor so there was plenty to drink. We got our cake from the Retro Bakery and it was gorgeous and delicious, the only problem was it was delivered at the wrong time which I was really clear about when ordering so we had to tip a bellboy to accept delivery of it and deliver it to the suite while we were out in the VoF for the wedding. My flowers were from the Palette and Pam there was great squeezing in my order on 6 days notice. Trey delivered our pictures to us within 2 days so we had them before we came home back to Canada. The VoF was warm but really windy so it wasn't too hot. The wind was a bit difficult at times though. All in all everything turned out great and I'm glad we went with each company that we did. The guests had a fantastic time and Bryan and I have many really great memories and pictures.

Tami.

_MG_0092.JPG

The back drop for the ceremony, our first kiss as a married couple.

_MG_0203.JPG

Sunset at the VoF - it was a little hard to get up onto the rocks in my dress...

_MG_0218.JPG

At the VoF

_MG_0308.JPG

At the Bellagio with the light and water display going off behind us.

_MG_0337.JPG

In the garden at the Bellagio with the Paris Hotel in the background.

Wedding_0506.jpg

The wedding cake from the Retro Bakery and the bouquets from The Palette. Both turned out awesome and looked great :)

• 1 month later...

Tami,

Thanks for sharing!  The red rocks are truly beautiful and unique.  Your pics turned out great.  I'm really excited for my upcoming ceremony!

I'm glad you had a great experience with Scenic Las Vegas Weddings.  Did you add the Bellagio as another photo site to your package or were these personal pictures?  I'm really thinking about adding a photo stop on the strip.  

We did add the strip photo shoot to our wedding package. You can add one location on the strip or several different locations for more money, but we only added one location at the Bellagio and it was very much worth it. The pictures turned out really amazing. I would definitely recommend adding a photo stop on the strip to your package because it really adds to the beautiful pictures you get and you only get married once :D

So true!  I love the lights at night time in Vegas. I'm definitely adding an extra photo shoot!

By the way, how did your cake taste?  I checked out the Retro Bakery and their stuff looks sooo yummy!  Wish I could taste a few different places before I order a cake, but that's impossible.  We will be there a day before the wedding.

Thanks for all the helpful info!