Jump to content

Photo

Post your favorite Crock Pot Recipe!


  • Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#51 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

    Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:53 PM

    I was looking for crock pot receipes yesterday, why didn't I think of searching on BDW? Duh!

    All of the receipes sound so good.

    #52 Banana11

    Banana11
    • VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

      Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by susanv66
      I make this for parties and everyone loves it-it comes out like a molten lava cake :)

      chocolate pudding cake

      -1 package of chocolate cake mix
      -1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix
      -3 eggs
      -1 cup of water
      -3/4 cup vegetable oil
      -medium container of sour cream (16oz I think...)
      -1/2 cup to 1 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips

      Combine all ingredients, but stir in chocolate chips last. pour into greased crockpot (I rub som veggie oil on the inside). Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whip cream. YUM!
      Ooooo...I can't wait to try this one!

      #53 Bianca

      Bianca
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,057 posts

        Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

        I just got my first crock pot! I need to try out some of these recipes. I have never used a crockpot, but I know its supposed to be super simple to cook in so I'm excited.
        19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
        http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

        http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

        #54 DanielleNDerek

        DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

          Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:35 PM

          crockpots are the best Bianca. It's so easy to just throw stuff in and walk away. Come back hours later and dinner is done. Enjoy yours, let us know how your first crockpot meals turns out.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

          #55 susanv66

          susanv66
          • Jr. Member
          • 165 posts

            Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

            I love my crockpot. I use it all of the time!

            My other favorite recipe is taco chicken.
            I place frozen chicken breasts, chicken broth, and a packet of taco seasoning in the crockpot in the morning. I cook it on low all day. When I get home from work, I shred the chicken and use it in tacos and chili and salads all week. So easy!

            #56 Yari

            Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

              Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:52 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by susanv66
              I love my crockpot. I use it all of the time!

              My other favorite recipe is taco chicken.
              I place frozen chicken breasts, chicken broth, and a packet of taco seasoning in the crockpot in the morning. I cook it on low all day. When I get home from work, I shred the chicken and use it in tacos and chili and salads all week. So easy!
              I need to try that!

              How many hours do you cook it? Is 10 too many?

              #57 susanv66

              susanv66
              • Jr. Member
              • 165 posts

                Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:58 PM

                Hi Yari,

                I don't think 10 hours is too much. That is why I started putting the chicken in frozen. I found it was cooking too long and getting rubbery. If you put it in frozen, it comes out just right :)

                #58 jajajaja

                jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

                  Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

                  I have NEVER used a crock pot- nor do I own one. I hated stew growing up and I think that is the only thing my mom ever made in the crock pot. So to me, crockpots= gross food. LOL

                  Your recipes have me intrigued, and as a non-cooker, I'm even more inspired to throw crap in one and walk away. That sounds fab!

                  Plus I love the molten lava recipe. Yum!! I want a crock pot now.
                  Happily married since 2008

                  #59 Banana11

                  Banana11
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,841 posts

                    Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                    I have NEVER used a crock pot- nor do I own one. I hated stew growing up and I think that is the only thing my mom ever made in the crock pot. So to me, crockpots= gross food. LOL

                    Your recipes have me intrigued, and as a non-cooker, I'm even more inspired to throw crap in one and walk away. That sounds fab!

                    Plus I love the molten lava recipe. Yum!! I want a crock pot now.
                    I'm not much of a stew fan either and find lots of other recipes to use my crockpot. If you are a non-cooker, you'll love having a one! It's really easy to make a yummy and healthy meal and takes no time at all.

                    #60 Yari

                    Yari
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

                      Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by susanv66
                      Hi Yari,

                      I don't think 10 hours is too much. That is why I started putting the chicken in frozen. I found it was cooking too long and getting rubbery. If you put it in frozen, it comes out just right :)
                      Awesome, thanks!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                      I have NEVER used a crock pot- nor do I own one. I hated stew growing up and I think that is the only thing my mom ever made in the crock pot. So to me, crockpots= gross food. LOL

                      Your recipes have me intrigued, and as a non-cooker, I'm even more inspired to throw crap in one and walk away. That sounds fab!

                      Plus I love the molten lava recipe. Yum!! I want a crock pot now.
                      I was just like you Rach! When I was in Philly a couple of weeks ago, my FMIL was cooking the taco meat in one and it turned out so yummy. Well that night I added an All Clad Slow Cooker to our registry and the next day at the shower I got it! I was so excited. The little cute stainless steel machine is currently cooking some yummy chicken. I will let you know how good it is later.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users