Post your favorite Crock Pot Recipe!

TammyWright

So my first crockpot dinner is sloooooowly cooking! I got a recipe off of allrecipes.com for Beef Stew. Very simple and it smells great! i can't wait til tonight so I can eat up!

Next up is that Molten Chocolate Cake!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari View Post
Awesome, thanks!
I was just like you Rach! When I was in Philly a couple of weeks ago, my FMIL was cooking the taco meat in one and it turned out so yummy. Well that night I added an All Clad Slow Cooker to our registry and the next day at the shower I got it! I was so excited. The little cute stainless steel machine is currently cooking some yummy chicken. I will let you know how good it is later.
Everyone gets a crock-pot as a shower gift! LOL

So, if you want one, be sure it goes on your registry!

Ladies I have had my crockpot for over 6 months and still have yet to use it as I have never used it....but some of your recipes have inspired me to get off my butt and get lazier with dinner by using is once and for all....Those ribs sound enticing!

Thanks for the boost...now what am I going to do with that 1.5 hours I used to use to cook dinner...LOL

• 3 months later...

I make this recipe all the time and we all love it. I am going to post the original recipe and then beside it tell you what I use instead to make it (in my mind) better.

Extra Creamy Three Cheese Macaroni Recipe

2 cups dried macaroni (I use 3 cups)

1 cup (8oz) shredded sharp cheese (I use 1/2 cup old cheddar and 1/2 cup extra old Cheddar)

1 cup (8oz) shredded fontina cheese (I just shredded Italian Cheese Mix)

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

4 tablespoons butter or margarine

3 eggs, beaten

1/2 cup sour cream (I use light)

1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 cup milk

1 teaspoon mustard

1/2 cup mayonnaise

Cook macaroni according to package, drain, set aside.

Meanwhile, in medium-size saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat, stir in cheeses, stir until cheese is melted.

Remove from heat, set aside.

In crock pot combine eggs, sour cream, soup, salt, pepper, milk, mustard, and mayonnaise, stir well.

Add butter and cheese mixture, stir.

Add macaroni, stir well.

Cook on low 3 hours, stirring occasionally.

You can substitute mozzarella for the fontina.

You can make this dish earlier in the day or a day early, just prepare it and put it in a large bowl and place in the refrigerator, and give it an extra hour in the crock pot.

It is very very tasty and I usually serve it with salad so that we get some veggies in.

I have a Beef Stew recipe that is amazing for those of you that like stew:

Two lbs of stew meat

Five medium potatoes

One red onion

5-6 carrots

3-4 celery sticks

One can Tomato soup

One can beef broth

1 tblsp Worcestershire sauce

flour

garlic powder

pepper

oil

Put flour, garlic powder and pepper (to taste) in a large ziplock baggy. Take stew meat and coat in the mix then place in a frying pan with oil. Brown meat (about five minutes on med/high heat) Cut potatoes up into cubes and place in the bottom of the crock pot, cut up onion, celery and carrots and place over potatoes. Put the stew meat on top. Pour tomato soup and beef broth over meat. Then your Worcestershire sauce Usually you will need maybe a can and a half of water. (Fill until you can just see the liquid, but so that it's not completely over the meat. Turn on low and cook for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5.

My husband LOVES this stew recipe I usually make some cornbread to go with it. It is even better the next day for leftovers. Sometimes it looks like it might be a little runny but the sauce thickens up as it cooks from the flour on the meat. I have a fairly large crock pot so you will need a decent sized one to make the whole recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyV View Post
Julie, do you find that the eggs tend to rise to the top and make it a bit custardy?? I've made a similar recipe before and it did that (and I wasn't a big fan of that!), so I just cut the eggs out completely.
No, I don't find it custardy at all. I think its too creamy with just 2 cups of pasta, but its perfect with 3.

• 1 year later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Andrea~ View Post
I found this thread in a search and thought it would be fun to start it up again! Anyone have recipes they would like to share? A favorite meal you make? I love to cook and am always looking for new things to try! Here's our favorite crock pot recipe:

Angel Chicken

1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup butter
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1/2 cup white wine
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
4 ounces cream cheese with chives or veggies
1 pound angel hair pasta
Fresh chives

Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the packet of dry Italian style salad dressing mix and cook for a minute. Add in the white wine, golden mushroom soup, cream cheese and cook until melted and combined. Place chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover with sauce. Cook on low 4-5 hours. Serve with angel hair pasta and fresh chives.

**Sometimes I add olives, mushrooms, onions, or whatever we're feeling like that particular day. The sauce is soooooo yummy! Make sure to have lots of bread with your meal to soak it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarillis View Post
Ok...

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE DH OR FI SUPER HAPPYhuh.gifhuh.gif

This is the easiest crock pot recipe - i make it for tons of potluck events - winter, summer, spring, fall.... it is a SUPERBOWL party HIT!!!

Readyhuh.gif? -I recently typed this up for a bunch of the ladies at our lake.....

From Amy's kitchen!

Pepperoncini Pulled Beef

This is one of Chad`s favourite recipes, and is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made. It has been the most requested potluck dish for Winter 2008.

I routinely make this on a Friday night, will slow cook through the night, ‘pull†the beef on Saturday morning, and continue the cooking process through Saturday in time for Saturday evening.

To do....

1.Place an inexpensive roast of beef (blade roast) in a slow cooker, to the slow cooker add 2-3 cloves of garlic and one medium sized diced cooking onion
2.Drain a large jar of Unico Pepperoncini Peppers and add the juice to the slow cooker
3.Remove all of the seeds from the Pepperoncini Peppers and add the seeded peppers to the slow cooker
4.Turn the slow cooker on low for 10 hours (overnight)
5.Pull apart the beef with a fork or spoon, it should flake apart continue to cook for at least 2-3 hours on low, if necessary add a wee bit of water.

Serve the Pepperoncini Pulled Beef on Panini buns
Excellent accompaniments for toppings include
-Horseradish
-Dijon mustard
-Shredded Mozzarella or Provolone Cheese
-Barbeque Sauce

And as always serve with:
-A nice red wine :)
I made both of these a couple of weeks ago, and they turned out amazing!
I did add a some black pepper to the angel chicken.