Post your favorite Crock Pot Recipe!

TammyWright

WOW you girls have added a lot to this thread since I was here last... I need to start checking some of these out. That Angel Chicken looks awesome Andrea! Putting it the pork and the pot roast on my list of things to make.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read through the entire thread (I will when it's not time for bed!) but I wanted to share my favorite crockpot website.  (Apologies if it's already been posted...)

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

It was much more active back in 2008 as the author was cooking 1 meal each day in her crockpot for the entire year but all the recipes are archived and fully searchable.  All of the recipes are gluten-free (which is fantastic for all those Celiacs out there, like me!) but can easily be made with gluten-y ingredients.  One of my favorite recipes is Brown Sugar Chicken:

--12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, or 6 boneless, skinless breast halves
--1 cup brown sugar
--1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
--2/3 cup vinegar
--3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic
--2 T soy sauce
--1 tsp ground black pepper

place chicken in the crockpot

cover with the brown sugar, pepper, chopped garlic, and soy sauce

add the vinegar, and pour in the soda (it might bubble a little bit at this point...that's ok)

cook on low for 6-8ish hours or on high for 4-5ish hours.  It's ok to use frozen chicken, just adjust the time accordingly.  (The chicken is done when it is cooked through and has reached desired consistency. The longer you cook it, the more tender it will be.)

serve over a bowl of white rice with a ladle full of the broth.

Originally Posted by ErinB View Post

ok, You need to have a large crock pot to do this one, probably 4+ quarts.

As a general rule, you always want to have the post filled at least 1/2 way, but no more than 3/4 of the way to ensure proper cooking.

This recipe is SOOOO easy and so versatile! My aunt used to make it when I was a kid.

Crock Pot Chicken -N- Dumplins

4 Bonesless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (approx 2 lbs)

1 Can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup

1 Can Condensed Cream of Celery Soup

*The low-fat versions work well too. You can also use Cream of Mushroom.

1/4 Cup Diced Onion

2/3 Cup Frozen Peas

2/3 Cup Diced Carrots

1 Can Low Sodium Chicken Broth

1 tsp. coarse ground pepper

1 Tbsp chopped Parsley

2 Cans (10 oz) Refridgerated Biscuit Dough DO NOT USE GRANDS

1.) Cut chicken into large chunks

2.) Combine all ingredients in Crock Pot, EXCEPT biscuits

3.) Cook on low for 6-7 hrs.

About 1 hour before serving, tear or cut the biscuts into 1-2 inch chunks. Add to the crock pot, stirring gently so the dough doesn't stick together. Turn the crock pot up to high and cook 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.

You can serve with mashed potatoes and have Carb Fest 2008! The chicken gravy stuff is great with potatoes.

I've also made this a vegetarian dish by using vegetable stock and adding more veggies.

Originally Posted by Yari View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanv66 View Post
I love my crockpot. I use it all of the time!

My other favorite recipe is taco chicken.

I place frozen chicken breasts, chicken broth, and a packet of taco seasoning in the crockpot in the morning. I cook it on low all day. When I get home from work, I shred the chicken and use it in tacos and chili and salads all week. So easy!

I need to try that!

How many hours do you cook it? Is 10 too many?

Originally Posted by JulieG View Post

I make this recipe all the time and we all love it. I am going to post the original recipe and then beside it tell you what I use instead to make it (in my mind) better.

Extra Creamy Three Cheese Macaroni Recipe

2 cups dried macaroni (I use 3 cups)

1 cup (8oz) shredded sharp cheese (I use 1/2 cup old cheddar and 1/2 cup extra old Cheddar)

1 cup (8oz) shredded fontina cheese (I just shredded Italian Cheese Mix)

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

4 tablespoons butter or margarine

3 eggs, beaten

1/2 cup sour cream (I use light)

1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 cup milk

1 teaspoon mustard

1/2 cup mayonnaise

Cook macaroni according to package, drain, set aside.

Meanwhile, in medium-size saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat, stir in cheeses, stir until cheese is melted.

Remove from heat, set aside.

In crock pot combine eggs, sour cream, soup, salt, pepper, milk, mustard, and mayonnaise, stir well.

Add butter and cheese mixture, stir.

Add macaroni, stir well.

Cook on low 3 hours, stirring occasionally.

You can substitute mozzarella for the fontina.

You can make this dish earlier in the day or a day early, just prepare it and put it in a large bowl and place in the refrigerator, and give it an extra hour in the crock pot.

It is very very tasty and I usually serve it with salad so that we get some veggies in.

These all look SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! I am totally trying them all! I have printed them off! Thanks so much ladies! Lets keep them coming!!!

This is always a favorite at gatherings.  I make a buffalo chicken dip, starts in pan, finishes in mini crockpot.

2 cans of chicken breast

2 blocks of cream cheese (I use low fat)

1 cup ranch dressing

3/4 cup hot sause (can use buffalo sauce if you prefer)

1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I don't recommend low fat for this)

combine chicken and hot sauce in LARGE skillet, stir until combined and warm, add cream cheese and ranch dressing.  cook and stir until combined and warm, add shredded cheese.  keep on low while serving.  serve with chicken biscuit crackers (or tortilla chips) and celery sticks.  Its super fast and easy and a crowd pleaser.

Originally Posted by NABUMBAH View Post

I am just doing this from memory, but I use:

1 package cubed beef (for stew)
2 cans 98% ff cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, chopped
1 package onion soup mix.

I set that on low for 6-8 hours.

When I get home, I add - 1 package mushrooms, sliced and 1 tub of L/F sour cream and possibly cream cheese if I have some as well. I let that cook for another 30 min to 1 hour or until the mushroom are soft. Served over egg noodles. It's pretty simple. I often buy the beef and freeze it, and then just throw it in the crockpot still frozen.

It's not exactly sophisticated, but it's very inexpensive, and easy.

Originally Posted by ginalynn View Post

My favorite is chicken and rice. Basicially, you throw however much rice you want in the bottom of the crockpot and then instead of adding all of the water you would normally add for that amount of water, you replace half of it with cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (whichever you like better). Then all you do is put your chicken on top and turn it on for about 6 hours. It is really tasty, pretty healthy (I use the low sodium soups and boneless/skinless chicken breast) and really tasty!

Originally Posted by **Kat** View Post

I LOVE the crockpot! What is better than just throwing things into it and coming home to dinner already cooked! The BEST!

I love to make pot roast!

1   5-6 Pot roast

4   Red potatos

4   Carrots

2   Celery Stalk

2   Cans Cream of Mushroom

1   Package dry onion soup mix

1   Can chicken broth

Cut up carrots, celery and potatoes into chunks (the size of your choosing.. my husband likes big chunks, not little slices)

Put pot roast into crock pot

Place carrots and whatnot around the roast

Pour chicken broth, cream of mushroom and dry onion soup into a bowl and stir together

Pour over roast

Cook on low for 7 hours

I usually serve over rice with warm bread! YUM!

These all sound so good! I have a large (6 quart) Iron Clad slow cooker, but I only used it a few times. My FI doesn't like it on when we aren't home (I know, I know. that is the point) but I keep meaning to use it on the weekends to warm him up to it, but I don't.

Now I need to get to the food store to pick up all these ingredients!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post

Oh yum I can't wait to try some of these. I even registered for a bigger crackpot for our wedding ;)

Gotta love the auto spelling on an iPad haha. I promise I did not register for a crackpot for my wedding.