Jump to content

Photo

February 2012 Brides!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#41 RobsnRory2012

RobsnRory2012
  • Newbie
  • 16 posts

    Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:36 PM


    That is a GREAT find Tori! I asked our WC about renting them and the resort would charge $20 + 16% PER HOOK!! Crazy...so $1.25 each is awesome!

     

    p.s. We booked Phil too! (Meant to respond earlier but forgot)

    Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

    Hey Robyn, 

     

    Just wanted to share with you my latest dollarama find! We had talked about them before, the sheppard hooks to hang the pomanders on as aisle markers.  Well my mom and I were out yesterday and dollarama had them, they are only 2.5 or 3 ft tall but they are PERFECT! They will fit in a suitcase and only $1.25 each and not super heavy but definitely durable enough.  I am so so excited and just wanted to share.  I did have to go to a couple dollaramas to get enough as some of them didn't have them anymore but I am thrilled! We bought 10 for just about $13 

     

     



     



    #42 torilynnsmith

    torilynnsmith
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,748 posts

      Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

      Hey Robyn, 

       

      So glad you heard back about the hooks, I can't wait to tell my dad and FI because they thought my mom and I were nuts!!!  I was thinking I could probably leave mine for you if you wanted to share them or you can't fin them!

       

      We actually ended up going with a different photographer... shhhhh!!!!  I think Phil does great work but we had fallen in love with another photographers work and decided we should go with what we love or else we would be disappointed later.  
       

      Originally Posted by RobsnRory2012 


      That is a GREAT find Tori! I asked our WC about renting them and the resort would charge $20 + 16% PER HOOK!! Crazy...so $1.25 each is awesome!

       

      p.s. We booked Phil too! (Meant to respond earlier but forgot)



       



       



      #43 Lindy S

      Lindy S
      • Jr. Member
      • 201 posts

        Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

        What time of day is everyone getting married? I am trying to decide what time to have our ceremony. I was thinking 4:00 PM...the sun sets around 5:50 PM. Do you think this will be enough time for pictures afterwards? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!



        #44 RobsnRory2012

        RobsnRory2012
        • Newbie
        • 16 posts

          Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

          Our ceremony is at 5:00...which we aren't completely happy with but there aren't any other times available on any other day during our stay. Our photographer suggested doing pictures before the ceremony since there really won't be much time between the ceremony and sunset/our reception. A 4:00 ceremony gives you an extra hour which might be better...but probably best to ask your photographer.

           

          Originally Posted by Lindy S 

          What time of day is everyone getting married? I am trying to decide what time to have our ceremony. I was thinking 4:00 PM...the sun sets around 5:50 PM. Do you think this will be enough time for pictures afterwards? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!



           



          #45 torilynnsmith

          torilynnsmith
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,748 posts

            Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

            Hi Lindy, 

             

            We are having our Ceremony at 3PM I originally was hoping for 4 or 5 PM but FI does not want to do pictures before our ceremony so our 3PM actually works out for us well.

             

            We will be doing our ceremony at 3PM it is about a 1/2 hour followed by a champagne toast and maybe some groups shots, I would assume most of this will be done by 4PM

             

            We will then do our family and bridal party shots (45 mins or so?!) followed by just the 2 of us!

             

            Our dinner is at 6:30 so I think timing wise this will work out best for us.  I think it all depends how many shots you want and how long you are having your photographer for.  We will do our girls bridal party and guys bridal party separates, as well as FI and family, and me and Family separates before our ceremony so that it is out of the way.

             

            Will you be doing a first look or pictures before your ceremony? I think that helps with a later ceremony!



            #46 Lindy S

            Lindy S
            • Jr. Member
            • 201 posts

              Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:40 AM


              My plan is to do all bride individaul, groom individual, bridesmaid, groomsmen, & family photos before the ceremony, and then take group shots and photos of just us together after the wedding. I'm thinking I might see if I can push our time back to 3:00 or 3:30. If might help me feel less stressed.
               

              Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

              Hi Lindy, 

               

              We are having our Ceremony at 3PM I originally was hoping for 4 or 5 PM but FI does not want to do pictures before our ceremony so our 3PM actually works out for us well.

               

              We will be doing our ceremony at 3PM it is about a 1/2 hour followed by a champagne toast and maybe some groups shots, I would assume most of this will be done by 4PM

               

              We will then do our family and bridal party shots (45 mins or so?!) followed by just the 2 of us!

               

              Our dinner is at 6:30 so I think timing wise this will work out best for us.  I think it all depends how many shots you want and how long you are having your photographer for.  We will do our girls bridal party and guys bridal party separates, as well as FI and family, and me and Family separates before our ceremony so that it is out of the way.

               

              Will you be doing a first look or pictures before your ceremony? I think that helps with a later ceremony!



               



              #47 Bride2012

              Bride2012
              • Banned
              • 442 posts

                Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

                I made it over ToriLynn! LOL!

                 

                Hey to all, im a newbie, just found this gold mine! we are getting married on Valentines day at the Majestic Elegance Resort....i am so excited and ready to chat with all of you and see how all of your planning is going.  So far we have our Save the Date magnet order put in and are very excited to send them out!

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                 

                Attached Files



                #48 RobsnRory2012

                RobsnRory2012
                • Newbie
                • 16 posts

                  Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

                  We just got our invitations delivered today! I am so excited...and can't wait to send them out! Has anyone else sent their invites yet?

                   

                  And because I can't help myself here's a pic:

                   

                  Invitations1.JPG



                  #49 torilynnsmith

                  torilynnsmith
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,748 posts

                    Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:59 PM


                    YAY!!!! SO glad to see you here!!! There are not many Feb 2012 brides on this particular thread yet but I think as our dates near we will have LOTS more to talk about!!!!! 

                    Originally Posted by Bride2012 

                    I made it over ToriLynn! LOL!

                     

                    Hey to all, im a newbie, just found this gold mine! we are getting married on Valentines day at the Majestic Elegance Resort....i am so excited and ready to chat with all of you and see how all of your planning is going.  So far we have our Save the Date magnet order put in and are very excited to send them out!

                     

                     

                     

                     

                     

                     



                     


                    Robyn you know we all LOVE pictures!!!!! I think I ask for pictures of EVERYTHING!!!!

                     

                    Your invites look AMAZING!!! Who did them?  I love love love your colours and they look so great and tropical!!! WE have already sent ours out but we didn't do STDs we sent them out around the 26th of May as we have 3 months (90 days) for our guests to book with out group rate.  It was fun to do them and get them out and especially fun to check one thing off the list!!!!

                    Originally Posted by RobsnRory2012 

                    We just got our invitations delivered today! I am so excited...and can't wait to send them out! Has anyone else sent their invites yet?

                     

                    And because I can't help myself here's a pic:

                     

                    Invitations1.JPG



                     

                    Attached Files



                    #50 RobsnRory2012

                    RobsnRory2012
                    • Newbie
                    • 16 posts

                      Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

                      Thank you! My Mom and family get excited about wedding stuff with me but its nice to share with other brides too. I had them done by Delphine...they were reasonably priced and very professional to work with. Our friends and family have until November 15th to book but I still want to get the invitations out asap so that people can book the time off and start saving up.

                       

                      Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


                      Robyn you know we all LOVE pictures!!!!! I think I ask for pictures of EVERYTHING!!!!

                       

                      Your invites look AMAZING!!! Who did them?  I love love love your colours and they look so great and tropical!!! WE have already sent ours out but we didn't do STDs we sent them out around the 26th of May as we have 3 months (90 days) for our guests to book with out group rate.  It was fun to do them and get them out and especially fun to check one thing off the list!!!!



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users