Jump to content

Photo

February 2012 Brides!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#141 Bride2012

Bride2012
  • Banned
  • 442 posts

    Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

    Yeah, he's always left everything up to me, but he sees me being stressed out over it and ready to throw in the towel,since I never wanted a wedding anyway....I just wnted to go to the courthouse but his family wouldnt allow that.  While we were dating I told him if I ever HAD to have a wedding it would be a destination wedding, I didnt want a local wedding and I knew all the little details would stress me out, so here we are.

     

    I setup our engagement photos, picked the photographer, created the Save the Dates, the resort, argued with vendors about pricing......  I just wish he would pick up SOMEthing.  I know if I asked him he would TRY to do more...it just feels like its me against the world.  All my bridesmaids are in California...along with my family and friends so no help with the DIYs.  I work 2 jobs, have  4 year old (he'll be 5) thats starting Kindergarten in a couple of weeks AND planning a wedding.  It's just getting to be too much and I dont want to drop the ball anywhere.  I dont think he understands what a task/challenge planning a wedding and taking care of all the little details is to me.....

     

    I know you all know where Im coming from...



    #142 krsmith

    krsmith
    • Member
    • 528 posts

      Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

      I totally understand!

       

      Since we ended up deciding on a DW, I have pretty much been on my own. I did all the research on the location, the resorts, and all the details so far. Anytime I would ask for his opinion it would be a "sure" or "that looks fine" or "I don't know, whatever you think". It has been driving me NUTS!!! 

       

      He did help me assemble our MIB STDs, but pretty much complained about it the whole time! He tells me that if he were the one doing all this it would be simple and easy and he wouldn't worry or deal with the small details (such as programs, place cards, table decos etc), but I wouldn't like it anyways. While that might be true, it would still feel nice to have a little more input or enthusiasm with the planning process. I am pretty laid back and don't get stressed easily, but there are times when it all seems to start adding up quickly and I feel like I am being crushed by all the things that we still have to decide/purchase. He says I take one simple task (like centerpieces) and spend hours and days and weeks "researching" it and looking at hundreds of pictures, when I should just pick something and stick with it. To make it worse, we are on a really tight budget, and any time I come home with clothes he freaks out! I'm constantly explaining that I need to shop for clothes for the wedding NOW since there is still summer clothes available. He just asks why I can't wear what I have already. HELLO!?!? I'm the bride! I have to look EXTRA good while we are down there!

       

      I swear its a guy thing, but sometimes I want to smack him! All my BMs and my mom also live elsewhere and won't be able to be much help. So I'm also completely on my own. I just have to remember to enjoy it while it lasts since I'm sure one day I will wish I could do it all again!



      #143 krsmith

      krsmith
      • Member
      • 528 posts

        Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

        Oh and I JUST found and bought my shoes off of ebay! I'm super excited since they will be my first pair of "designer" shoes. I was hoping to go for pink, but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle (and I wasn't finding ANYTHING I particularly liked)

         

        badgley-mischka-kiwi-pump.jpg



        #144 Fired Up B2B

        Fired Up B2B
        • Site Supporter
        • 34 posts

          Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

          Your dress is beautiful!! And will be even more so when on you versus the mannequin!! :)

           

          Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

          Got the picture of my dress and had to share!!!! I am even more in love with it now that I see it fitted on the mannequin form!!!

           

           

          Amaya.jpg



           



          #145 pbrozek

          pbrozek
          • Site Supporter
          • 75 posts

            Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:48 AM

            Those shoes from Nine West are called "Sharina". I am in love with them! :)



            #146 pbrozek

            pbrozek
            • Site Supporter
            • 75 posts

              Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:49 AM


              They're called "Sharina".

               

              Ya, for sure a waaaay more practical purchase. Haha. I just can't justify spending ~$1000 for a pair of shoes, despite how much I love them.
               

              Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


              LOVE THESE!!!! Do you know the name of them?! They are great!!!!  The CLs are gorgeous those would be perfect but the nine west are probably a more "practical" purchase lol



               


              It was only in my city unfortunately but it may make it's way to you!!!!!!  Started my day off with a 6:30AM class and feel great!!! If only I could drag myself out of bed that early every morning I would be great!!!  My mom has always been her own Martha Stewart so I always loved doing "projects" the wedding has just allowed me to explore them more and more.  I am loving designing my logos and stationary stuff for my wedding on the computer that has been so fun!!!



               


              OOOOOOO so exciting!!!!!! Valentines Day wedding, I didn't even realize!!! Today is my birthday so it's a good day to mark the 7 month countdown!!!!!!!!!!!!



               



               



              #147 torilynnsmith

              torilynnsmith
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,748 posts

                Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:58 AM


                Kelly, I LOVE your shoes, not sure if you know that they come in pink too...... I saw them on here another bride posted in a different thread! They are so so so gorgeous you can't go wrong I have 2 pairs of Badgley Mischkas and LOVE them!!!!

                Originally Posted by krsmith 

                Oh and I JUST found and bought my shoes off of ebay! I'm super excited since they will be my first pair of "designer" shoes. I was hoping to go for pink, but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle (and I wasn't finding ANYTHING I particularly liked)

                 



                Those shoes from Nine West are called "Sharina". I am in love with them! :)



                 



                #148 krsmith

                krsmith
                • Member
                • 528 posts

                  Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:52 AM

                  I did notice them actually! I couldn't find them in my size on sale though.... :( I have SUPER tiny feet (5.5) so whenever I come across anything I like in my size, I just go for it! I bought these on Ebay for $79! Can't go wrong with that price. I will have to keep my eye out just in case though. I am wearing Vgirl's pink crinoline under my dress, and wonder how hard it would be to match the pink...I don't think they'd have to be EXACT, but I'd hate to have 2 completely different shades of pink.
                   

                  Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


                  Kelly, I LOVE your shoes, not sure if you know that they come in pink too...... I saw them on here another bride posted in a different thread! They are so so so gorgeous you can't go wrong I have 2 pairs of Badgley Mischkas and LOVE them!!!!



                  Thanks :)





                   



                   



                  #149 Bride2012

                  Bride2012
                  • Banned
                  • 442 posts

                    Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

                    Me thinks I found the PERFECT TTD and reception gown....I decided to go with two dresses...one that I will wear to go all out in...and one so I can dance/spin and feel happy in and Trash.  Im wearing both dresses for my TTD I NEEDED a second one cause we are literally TRASHING it! And I dont think I will have the heart to trash my wedding gown....I want to sell it so I can make another bride happy! :)

                     

                    So here the one I am considering for the 2nd

                    TTD.jpg



                    #150 torilynnsmith

                    torilynnsmith
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,748 posts

                      Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:55 PM


                      Oh I am so glad!! I was hesitant to tell you!!!I I have SUPER huge feet (opposite end of the spectrum) so I have a similar problem lol!!!!!! Gotta love ebay for shoes you LOVE cheaper!!!!!! I think the white shoes will look great, better than 2 shades of pink for sure!

                      Originally Posted by krsmith 

                      I did notice them actually! I couldn't find them in my size on sale though.... :( I have SUPER tiny feet (5.5) so whenever I come across anything I like in my size, I just go for it! I bought these on Ebay for $79! Can't go wrong with that price. I will have to keep my eye out just in case though. I am wearing Vgirl's pink crinoline under my dress, and wonder how hard it would be to match the pink...I don't think they'd have to be EXACT, but I'd hate to have 2 completely different shades of pink.
                       



                       



                       


                      This is gorgeous and still so "weddingy" I love it!!!!!

                      Originally Posted by Bride2012 

                      Me thinks I found the PERFECT TTD and reception gown....I decided to go with two dresses...one that I will wear to go all out in...and one so I can dance/spin and feel happy in and Trash.  Im wearing both dresses for my TTD I NEEDED a second one cause we are literally TRASHING it! And I dont think I will have the heart to trash my wedding gown....I want to sell it so I can make another bride happy! :)

                       

                      So here the one I am considering for the 2nd

                      TTD.jpg



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users