Photo

Ring help!! Need to find a matching band!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 meeshie77

meeshie77
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

Thank you ladies so much for this post.  I'm having the exact same problem.  I have a very limited budget for our rings so custom is out.  I have a raised solitaire but nothing I've tried in diamonds sits flush either.  I was thinking of 2 plain white gold bands but am unsure how that would look.  I tried one on and it was the only ring to sit flush  Do you ladies have an opinion?

#12 JBean

JBean
    • 429 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

Do you have a picture? Or a pic of something like it?

Originally Posted by meeshie77 

Thank you ladies so much for this post.  I'm having the exact same problem.  I have a very limited budget for our rings so custom is out.  I have a raised solitaire but nothing I've tried in diamonds sits flush either.  I was thinking of 2 plain white gold bands but am unsure how that would look.  I tried one on and it was the only ring to sit flush  Do you ladies have an opinion?

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
      Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
      Bride & Groom + 29

#13 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
      • 1,748 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:02 AM

Meeshie, sounds like you're having the same problem as me! Did you ever expect a raised solitaire to give you so many problems?!

I would love to see a picture of the plain bands you mentioned, with your ring!

#14 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

She had it done somewhere in Vancouver, I'm not sure of the exact place.

Originally Posted by JBean 

Thanks JayKay! So far all the quotes we've got for a custom ring have been 2-4x what a normal band would cost. I see you're in Alberta, any chance you could recommend your friend's jeweller??

#15 meeshie77

meeshie77
        • 208 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

I never expected that at all.  Once we've done shopping, I will definitely post my selection :)

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Meeshie, sounds like you're having the same problem as me! Did you ever expect a raised solitaire to give you so many problems?!

I would love to see a picture of the plain bands you mentioned, with your ring!

#16 Avens

Avens
          • 576 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

I had my e rings custom designed. It was probably a little bit more expensive, but I thought it was really reasonable.  The expensive part is the darn high price of gold!

I had mine done at Vandenberg's in Winnipeg.  (http://www.vandenbergs.ca/) They were great. They did need my ring for a few weeks though to make the wax and then the rings themselves to make sure it fit perfectly. 

I actually just picked up my bands on the weekend, so I was "attempting" to take some photos.  For reference - my e-ring is the middle white and rose gold, It has the swirly bits.  I made the custom ring(s) [There are two, I lucked out!] to match the contours of my ering and they have a little chip diamond in them.  I wanted something small and with a low profile as well.  In my case the gold comes up around the diamond so the diamond itself is flush with the top, as I also wanted something that wouldn't be huge.

The top photo is what the goldsmith created on the computer.

The bottom photo is a picture I took on Saturday. When the rings are on my finger there is no gap, but if you look at the photo, there is a bit of a gap between my first band and the ering.

Chosen one.jpgIMG_1372small.JPG

If you wanted more info on pricing etc. send me a private message :) Hope that helps!

#17 JBean

JBean
            • 429 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

Wow, pretty ring Avens. Very unique!

We ended up going with the band in first post. When I tried in one as it's "supposed" to be worn (ie: the band behind the e-ring) there was even less of a gap. PLUS it was on sale when we went back. With all the money Fi saved, he can get me that matching band a lot sooner. Hehe. ;-)

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
              Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
              Bride & Groom + 29

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users