*New* date for the 'end of the world' - Oct 21, 2011

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mpeter81

• 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'm sure my fiance has always thought his life would be over on our wedding day, but now it apparently applies to the rest of our guests too!  lol  

Some guy has incorrectly predicted the end of the world twice now, and admits his 'calculations' were off again and that the *real* date is now Oct 21.   This has been the running joke in Chicago on our news channels for a couple of days, and I'm assuming others have heard of this? 

Any other brides getting married Oct 21,2011 - aka the end of the world?  

I thought it would be fun to make a small joke out of this... maybe have the groom walk around the day-of with a tshirt that says "Wedding day: Oct 21, 2011... end of my world, and apparently everyone else's too" - although much more creative.  ; )   Or, maybe giving guests tshirts/tank tops saying they survived our wedding and the end of the world?  Not sure... but I'd like to do some sort of little spoof. 

Anybody else getting married this day and thinking to have a little fun with it?  Would love any ideas!   

#2 Michelle-2

• 310 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

That's funny!  I am also getting married on October 21, 2011.  Hopefully we will all survive the day

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#3 bride3183

• 173 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:44 AM

Oh no!  I wouldn't worry about it I'm sure it will be pushed back another 6 months again :)

Dreams Los Cabos - October 29, 2011

#4 Crys

• 76 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

How about matching his and her shirts saying

"I survived my wedding and the end of the world"

"The end of the world is the begining of our world  10~21~11"

#5 J-me

• 398 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

Lol I hadn't heard his 'recalculation' yet! The shirt ideas are too funny!!

#6 JBean

• 429 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

Ah hahaha! Your own personal "Rapture". lol.

That guy's a nut - I'm sure your wedding will be the most interesting thing that happens that day. :)

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
              Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
              Bride & Groom + 29

#7 mpeter81

• 37 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

Haha, love the ideas. 

I heard the guy "disappeared" after his wrong prediction in May, lol.  Highly doubt it's the end of the world, but if it is, at least we'll be going out w/ a bang!  lol

#8 becky1022

• 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

I'm getting married the next day 10-22-11. I was thinking about doing a "we survived the end" something. Anyone have any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users