Photo

Group Booking Bonus for AM Resorts (Dreams, Now, etc)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lianee

lianee
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

Hi There,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used a travel agent to book, and also received the group booking bonus (book five rooms, receive the sixth room free)?  I'm in Canada, and my travel agent sent me quotes from Transat Holidays, but there was no mention of any group incentives.

#2 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
    • 460 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

I will be getting the group specials through my TA, I'm booking the Now Larimar... I'm from the US though, but I'm pretty sure you'd be able to get that deal as well. Ask your TA about it, that's all I did through mine.

Good Luck and Happy Planning!

#3 caboose

caboose
      • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

I got the same deal as well through my TA. Travel by VIP. But I set my package up in Nov. 2010 so I don't know if the deal is still being offered.
        September 3rd 2011 @ Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa
        *** Bride & Groom + 52 booked and counting ***

#4 mishelae

mishelae
        • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:15 AM

I am coming from St. Louis and I am having a lady book all my rooms for us. Not only did we get rates cheaper that what they are currently advertised on their site, but we also get the group deal bookings and any extras as if were were booking as a group. We are using Dreams Cancun. My travel agent booked us through Applevacations which are currently showing rates lower that the actual site..well as of yesterday. The other plus with booking through my agent is that we don't have to pay for everything right now. My guest can put a small deposit on their room and it will hold it up until 70 days before travel.

It is also a good way to organize the travel as they can usually get non-stop flights for you and keep guest together coming from the same city.

#5 anichols8

anichols8
          • 232 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

Definitely talk to your TA.  It's pretty commonplace to get concessions when dealing with hotel contracts.

#6 drmunoz

drmunoz
            • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

Hi Lianee,

I just messaged you on another thread, but if you dont have a reply yet - I am from Canada and my TA got us the group booking incentive for Jan 2012 at Now Sapphire. Its book 5 rooms and get the 6th free, for up to 3 or 4 rooms free - cant remember. If you need any info - feel free to PM me.

#7 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
              • 215 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by lianee 

Hi There,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used a travel agent to book, and also received the group booking bonus (book five rooms, receive the sixth room free)?  I'm in Canada, and my travel agent sent me quotes from Transat Holidays, but there was no mention of any group incentives.

I would be careful with that I have heard other brides on this site find out that there TA was using the free room/flight for there own friends.  I know booking through sunquest I get evey 11th person booking free.  So I would say ask your TA and if she says no then call Transat and see what they have to say about group bookings.  Theres no harm in asking around :)

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Laurelyn 

I would be careful with that I have heard other brides on this site find out that there TA was using the free room/flight for there own friends.  I know booking through sunquest I get evey 11th person booking free.  So I would say ask your TA and if she says no then call Transat and see what they have to say about group bookings.  Theres no harm in asking around :)

we get the 6th room free for our clients BUT they need to sign a group contract.  The amenity is written into the contract....

also, super shady of the agent to steal the free nights for herself...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 lianee

lianee
                • 86 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

The best quote we received was from Air Canada, giving us the 16th room free, but our travel agent ended up getting Transat to price/deal match what Air Canada was offering (and actually beat the price by a little bit).  So the most we will get in the end is one free room, which is nowhere near what the resort itself offers.  Sunwing had a better group booking bonus, but the prices and travel dates weren't as good as Transat.  With Transat almost every gateway city we need can depart on the same day.  Also, my guests don't need to pay in full until late October and they don't have to make a deposit until August 31.  This gives them a little extra flexibility for budgeting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users