Jump to content


Children under 16 travelling without both parents in Mexico...

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amh777

  • Newbie
  • 117 posts

    Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

    I had never heard this before, but looking @ others planning threads, I saw that children traveling without both parents must have a letter signed from the other parent, notarized, that the child has permission to travel to Mexico.  Those of you who have traveled to Mexico with a minor without both parents-- is this correct? Do they really check/enforce this? Thanks!

    #2 JPenny

    • Newbie
    • 102 posts

      Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

      They absoloutely do enforce this. You need to get a notarized letter from a lawyer. It makes sense they want to ensure children aren't being kidnapped.

      #3 amh777

      • Newbie
      • 117 posts

        Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

        A lawyer? I had always read it was just a notarized letter from the parent who isnt travelling stating the other parent has permission to take the child to Mexico. Who checks the letter?

        #4 mochamakes3

        • Sr. Member
        • 1,917 posts

          Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:12 AM

          For sure, it's a great thing to have any time a child is traveling without both parents whether it's within their own country or crossing borders. I know my sister and brother-in-law always make sure they have notes from each other when only one is traveling.


          To put it into perspective, I've even been asked to show rabies identification when crossing the border with my dog. It's all about security.

          0 user(s) are reading this topic

          0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users