Villa/Beach Weddings 2012

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brynnmarietx

• 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

I am getting married summer of 2012 and have planned an intimate laid back villa wedding in Cabo san Lucas. I am a wedding coordinator so I did all the planning myself with the help of my mom. I am going down in September to meet with all the vendors I have already been in contact with. I am getting quite the head start so that my fiance and I can sit back and worry about other important items on the agenda, such as buying a home! If you have any questions at all about what all I am doing to make this day happen reply to the thread!

#2 MarissaAndScott71711

• 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

Congrats! I am getting married at a private villa down in Cabo this July, also planning the wedding myself with the help of my sister who does coordination at a hotel.

If you need any references let me know!

Good luck with the planning!!

#3 tmorrison

• Site Supporter
      • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

Can you ladies share the name of the private villas you will be having your wedding at? Are your guests staying at the villa or are you just renting it for the ceremony and reception? Thanks!

#4 brynnmarietx

• 13 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

There are 3 villas at the top of my list that I am viewing on my trip in September: 1) Villa Descanso holds 20 ppl, 2) Villa Alegria holds 14 ppl, 3) Villa Lands End holds 15 ppl. We are going to have the villa for 4-5 days to host my closest family and friends and then have the rest of my family stay in the Pedregal Portofino condos or nearby all inclusives if they would like. I just like the idea of having the large villa to be a home base for everyone to come over during the day and kick back. For everyone staying in the villa, we are looking for something ideally less than $100 a night per person but we will most likely charge $100 and use that money to do a large grocery run. It would include everyones breakfast, drinks (alcohol included) and sandwich stuff. The villa would also host the reception dinner after the ceremony. It is such a more intimate setting just being back at an amazing house!!

#5 MarissaAndScott71711

• 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

We are having ours about 12 miles north of San Jose, its a development called Los Zacatitos, Villa Panga - we rented it for the minimum of 3 nights.

We will have our ceremony on the beach and the reception on the terrace at the Villa

The beaches there are secluded and no cut off time for music, we really wanted the feeling of having the beach to ourselves.

About half the guests are staying at our Villa and the rest are staying at resorts, we will provide transportation the night of the wedding for those who are not staying there.

My fiance grew up surfing/camping about half a mile away from our Villa, great surf spot so I knew he would love being close to it.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

#6 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
            • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:50 PM

I would recommend everybody to have a Villa wedding, I don’t like resorts full of people. I get married 6 weeks ago and I rent a Villa at Puerto Los Cabos, everything turn out amazing.

Here you can see a few weddings I shoot on private Villas:

Happy planning!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users