Dreams Cabo Brides

Jackie

Hi KrazyK,

I'd love to see your site visit pics!!! We are STILL trying to decide between the Riu and Dreams for our wedding July 2010. We have been to the Riu and loved it but based on wedding reviews, Dreams sounds better. However, the pictures I've seen of the grounds of Dreams don't look as nice as the Riu. So many decisions, but pictures are worth a thousand words!!!

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Ange

Ange, my fiance Matt and I just got back from our site visit to Dreams and stayed the rest of the week at the Riu. Personally, we liked Dreams better because it is smaller and more intimate. It is also a more upscale crowd at Dreams...for example: There were a few weddings at Riu while we were there and one of them took place at a gazebo at the Riu palace...Well, the gazebo happens to be right next to the swim up bar at the Riu Santa Fe (right next to the Palace) and the bride and groom received many screams and whistles from everyone who was trashed at the bar. Another couple got married down on the beach and walked through the pool area (also filled with drunken people) to take some pictures on the bridge. Not to say these are bad things...But for us, we have some older family members coming to the wedding and didn't think Riu was the best place for them to be.

We did stay at the Santa Fe which is not as nice as the Palace...but since they are connected you really get the younger, more crazy crowd from the Santa Fe as well.

We LOVED the Riu too...it was a ton of fun and we will definitely stay there again at some point...but overall, Dreams felt more romantic and intimate for the actual wedding.

It mostly depends on what you want for your own wedding. I have lots of pictures from the Riu Santa Fe if you want to see them. We had an amazing room with the best view! Dreams also has good views too, though.

Good luck!!!

I will do a longer review of our visits to Riu and Dreams this week :)

Kara

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreams was great, the people, atmosphere, and the service was exceptional! We were there during superbowl so they set up a projector on the beach for everyone to watch, plus food and drinks what more could you ask for!! So here are some pics of the room, grounds, superbowl party, and activities they offered!

Cabo San Lucas Jan 09 :: Cabo San Lucas Jan 09 pt1 slideshow by backwoodz1 - Photobucket

Cabo San Lucas Jan 09 :: Cabo San Lucas Jan 09 pt2 slideshow by backwoodz1 - Photobucket

Dreams was great, the people, atmosphere, and the service was exceptional! We were there during superbowl so they set up a projector on the beach for everyone to watch, plus food and drinks what more could you ask for!! So here are some pics of the room, grounds, superbowl party, and activities they offered!

Cabo San Lucas Jan 09 :: Cabo San Lucas Jan 09 pt1 slideshow by backwoodz1 - Photobucket

Cabo San Lucas Jan 09 :: Cabo San Lucas Jan 09 pt2 slideshow by backwoodz1 - Photobucket

We were only there two nights so we didn't get a chance to eat at all the restaurants. We ate at the Seaside Grill which was yummy, and El Patio for breakfast. I'm not a breakfast person so the yogurt, fruit, and toast or bagels worked for me. They had alot to choose from eggs, mexican eggs, sausage, refried beans, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, potatoes, waffles, pancakes a little bit of everything!

I liked the drinks we were buzzed the whole time we were there!! We asked for extra shots of Tequila and they gave it to us with no problem, and tipping always helps! They were very appreciative!

Only entertainment we saw was on the beach when the guys were throwing the football thru the board (don't know what it's called). And they had cheerleaders out there, everyone seem to be having a great time!! I really enjoyed being able to watch the superbowl on the beach, that was a big plus with me!!! I'm sure there was more entertainment but we weren't there long enough!!

Hope this helps!

I would love to know the dress codes as well, I saw on the website that they do not allow flip flops in the dinner restaurants, is that true?

Also past and present dreams brides: for thos of you who used there resort for hair. mani/pedi did you book your appointments in advance thru the WC or did you do it when you got there?

Any info would be a big help.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika J View Post
I would love to know the dress codes as well, I saw on the website that they do not allow flip flops in the dinner restaurants, is that true?
Yes, the Japanese / Pan-Asian restaurant, Himitsu, does not allow flip flops. I actually saw them refusing entry to some guests who were not appropriately dressed. The other dressy restaurant is the Italian one, Portofino. It's a definitely no-flip flop / cut-offs kind of place. The other restaurants are casual and flip flops are fine, but no swimsuits. Hope this helps and good luck!